Should the C’s target Dwight in FA?

Yes
29 (42%)
No
33 (47.8%)
Unsure
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Dwight Howard Signed by Wizards (updated Dwightmare thread)  (Read 24075 times)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Howard for Mozgov and 2 future 2nd's. Hornets save money this year and Nets shave a year and now have 2 max slots next summer
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 11:18:10 AM by Redz »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Dwightmare traded to Nets
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 09:44:36 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Howard for Mozgov and 2 future 2nd's. Hornets save money this year and Nets shave a year and now have 2 max slots next summer

Sounds like a win for the Nets. A contender for Kyrie next year (boo)

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 09:49:25 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
If I'm the Nets, I release him. I don't want him anywhere near the culture I'm creating.

The Nets are a group of hard-working, hungry, young players. Dwight would bring bad habits in.

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 09:49:45 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I really don't understand why people think Kyrie is gonna leave Boston. Lol. The Nets of all places lol.

If I'm the Nets, I release him. I don't want him anywhere near the culture I'm creating.

The Nets are a group of hard-working, hungry, young players. Dwight would bring bad habits in.

If you've seen his recent interviews, you can tell he matured a lot. I don't know if he's still the same goofy and non sensible player he used to be, but Sean Marks doesn't make dumb decisions that would jeopardize his team. He's made solid choices so far. Lets give D-12 the benefit of the doubt.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 09:50:05 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Dwight's 4th team in 4 years. His 6th team in 8 years. Traded for a dead contract and some 2nds. This is the guy I still think was MVP of the league in 2011. Yikes.

So the Nets have a ton of cap space now. Can they convince anyone to come? Do Lebron and Paul George want to play with Dwight in Brooklyn? Probably not.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 09:51:37 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

Sooner or later these teams will finally realize no one wants to play with the guy.

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 09:53:37 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
But this is a coup for the Nets...

They not only lose one extra year of Mozgov... But they only lost two second rounders...

Lakers gave up D'Angelo Russell to get rid of Mozgov's LOL.

If Dwight has anything left, we'll see. At his worst he's 12-14 PPG/8-10 RPG type of guy.

With the Dwight Howard trade, only Allen Crabbe will have a guaranteed contract for the Nets in 2019-20. The Nets could potentially have up to $60M+ in room next summer but will be contingent on the restricted free agency of D'Angelo Russell and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 11:15:13 AM by Monkhouse »

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 09:54:24 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
That's really gonna mess up our draft pick next year.

Sorry, forgot. Just got so used to saying that over the past few years every time the Nets made a move.

Mike

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 09:56:10 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195

Couldn't agree more. This season is about developing young guys in the right environment. You don't want to risk that.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 09:57:53 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I really don't understand why people think Kyrie is gonna leave Boston. Lol. The Nets of all places lol.

If you've seen his recent interviews, you can tell he matured a lot. I don't know if he's still the same goofy and non sensible player he used to be, but Sean Marks doesn't make dumb decisions that would jeopardize his team. He's made solid choices so far. Lets give D-12 the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think he "is" leaving BUT since he is not signing an extension there is always the possibility if things change. That being said, it means that with the money and location that Brooklyn is a contender. I think that he is staying here but without being under contract there is the possibility. I would prefer no other possibility or contenders.

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 10:03:12 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I'm not concerned about Brooklyn as a 2019 free agent threat.  I don't see why two max free agents would want to sign to play in Brooklyn with Allen Crabbe, Caris Lavert, Jarrett Allen, Isaiah Whitehead and literally nobody else.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 10:05:49 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
I'm not concerned about Brooklyn as a 2019 free agent threat.  I don't see why two max free agents would want to sign to play in Brooklyn with Allen Crabbe, Caris Lavert, Jarrett Allen, Isaiah Whitehead and literally nobody else.

Good young coach, great system, and the benefit of playing in a big market team.

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2018, 10:05:49 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
So Dwight Howard, a guy who seemed to average 21/14 on a regular basis with Orlando, is 6-7 years later now getting traded for Mozgov and 2nd rounders. LOL how the mighty have fallen.

Also, June 20 is OFFICIALLY Trade Dwight Howard Day!  :laugh:

(ATL traded him away last summer on the same date lol)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2018, 10:07:53 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
So Dwight Howard, a guy who seemed to average 21/14 on a regular basis with Orlando, is 6-7 years later now getting traded for Mozgov and 2nd rounders. LOL how the mighty have fallen.

Also, June 20 is OFFICIALLY Trade Dwight Howard Day!  :laugh:

(ATL traded him away last summer on the same date lol)

Lol, TP. Hiliarious.

D-12 is still 12/8 type of guy, if he can buy into the system, gives him the chance to pad his stats. Plus with how weak the East could end up being, Nets might make the playoffs.

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 10:09:29 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
But this is a coup for the Nets...

They not only lose one extra year of Mozgov... But they only lost two second rounders...

Lakers gave up D'Angelo Russell to get rid of Mozgov's LOL.

If Dwight has anything left, we'll see. At best he's 12-14 PPG/8-10 RPG type of guy.

With the Dwight Howard trade, only Allen Crabbe will have a guaranteed contract for the Nets in 2019-20. The Nets could potentially have up to $60M+ in room next summer but will be contingent on the restricted free agency of D'Angelo Russell and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.

From a cap space point of view, it is a good deal.

I don't want to ruin what small hope I have of Russell, Crabbe, Lavert, or Dinwiddie becoming a solid starter fringe all-star because they pick up bad habits from the supremely talented but poor influence of Dwight Howard.

I always thought Dwight made the most sense next to Lebron. Plug him into the Thompson role.

Would the Cavs consider trading for Dwight?

Cavs get Dwight, Dinwiddie (or Russell), 29th pick
Nets get Thompson, Smith, 8th pick

Nets get their pick back and select whoever falls.