Author Topic: Gobert for Jaylen Brown  (Read 6644 times)

Gobert for Jaylen Brown
« on: October 17, 2020, 10:14:13 AM »

Offline SteveD

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 1
 Trade proposal - Celtics trade Jaylen Brown and Poirier, plus 1st round pick #26 for Rudy Gobert from the Jazz.

Re: Gobert for Jaylen Brown
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 11:04:18 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
No way..trade Hayward, yes
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 11:06:21 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 If Danny thought Marcus for Gobert worked I’d trust him. No way am I giving talent like our top 4 for him.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 11:26:33 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Might not be a popular opinion, but if you could deal Smart + a pick for Gobert I'd legit consider it.

At some point this team actually needs a true big man that can play against most other teams. Theis is fine off the bench, not as a starter. Timelord still needs a year or two to develop.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 11:41:10 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Isn't Rudy a FA end of upcoming season?

Why not just wait until next season commences.....SIGN GH....watch what Utah does...if they start underperforming....then somehow have GH reach out to him?

I know that Rudy was vocal in his displeasure of GH leaving Utah but perhaps time has healed the wounds? Do the two still keep in touch?

With that being said would there be ANY way that perhaps GH could re-structure his contract after next season? To accommodate Stifle Tower?

The French Rejection is BONAFIDE....can anchor the defense, is smart like KG, seems to be a decent teammate, is a constant LOB threat and a good rebounder.

I'd love to get him, keep GH long-term as well as Smart, The Jays and Kemba.

Is this possible?

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 12:18:59 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Not sure about how, but Gobert in green without giving up either Jay would be phenomenal. 

What are Utah’s needs that they’d be willing to give up such an important piece? How do they replace Gobert?

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 12:36:09 PM »

Offline SteveD

• The Green Kornet
How about Gobert for Smart, Theis, Poirier and Langford ? Just imagine a starting lineup of Kemba, Tatum, Brown Hayward and Gobert ! Boston keeps all their draft picks and creates roster spots for them.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 12:52:58 PM by SteveD »

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 12:36:11 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Wasn't there at one time just recently some rift between Spydah and Rudy? Is it still simmering? Did they bury it? Completely?

Could a losing streak in Utah next season help to re-ignite to? The finger-pointing?

I'm not for seeing franchises crash and burn (unless it's The Lakers or PHI), but at the first sign of animus in Utah next season hopefully Danny can keep his eyes on things there.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 12:37:05 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I don’t see any pieces that Utah would want for Gobert without it being an overpay. They have a scorer in Mitchell and if they trade Gobert, what does that leave them? I doubt giving up Hayward and/or Smart does it.

They’re likely looking to add a piece to their pair.
- LilRip

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2020, 12:53:51 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Whether it's Rudy (or even Greek Freak) I'm guessing that LAL tying us for Banners has definitely "Upped the Ante" on us COMPETING with them.

Just like LAL and BOS's "Arms Race" in 2006-07 where WE got KG and THEY got Pau Gasol I have a feeling that something big is liable to happen next season, for BOS.

May not even be Rudy OR Greek Freak....could be something else.

How many of us even KNEW that Danny had his eyes on KG even back then? For several years?

I just believe Danny isn't going to keel over and let LAL tie us without doing something.

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2020, 01:03:55 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Gobert, 23 for Smart, Langford, Theis, 14, 30
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2020, 01:13:59 PM »

Offline SteveD

• The Green Kornet
Gobert for Smart, Theis, Poirier and Langford ? Just imagine a starting lineup of Kemba, Tatum, Brown Hayward and Gobert ! Boston keeps all their draft picks and creates roster spots for them.

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2020, 03:13:41 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I wouldn't trade Brown for Gobert straight up. Jazz would be having to add picks.

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2020, 03:42:58 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I brought up a Hayward for Gobert trade in a 'moving on' thread the night we lost in the ECF. I think we would need to add to this a little, but both are essentially on expiring contracts. Obviously this would fill a huge hole for us while also possibly getting us below the luxury tax. I'm honestly not sure of the market for Rudy or if the rift between Mitchell and him is still there.

Don't get me wrong - I am a huge fan of what GH brings to the table and would be happy to re-sign him at a discount - but we would be the best defensive team in the NBA by a good margin. And it's not like our offense would suck with Tatum, Kemba, and Jaylen leading the way.

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2020, 03:45:07 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
The Jazz have Mitchell at 2 (SG) and Bogdanovic at 3 (SF).  Why would Utah trade their only decent big for more guards or wings?  I know there are "issues" with Gobert but my guess is that they work them out.

And no, I would not trade Brown for 1 year of Gobert even though for us, it would address a need, certainly not unless there was some sort of extension baked in to the deal and even then, you have to hesitate.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 04:38:40 PM by Vermont Green »