Author Topic: Knicks (6-4) at Celtics (9-2) 11/18  (Read 23313 times)

Re: Knicks (6-4) at Celtics (9-2) 11/18
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2008, 10:13:30 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
PERKINS!!!  16 points, 8 rebounds, 4 offensive, 3 blocks 3assists, 7-9 from the field in 27 minutes great job Perk.

And the whole team stepped up.

Rondo Took 11 shots!!! and hit 7!!! he also had 8 rebounds 7 assistisists {kenny mayne}  15 points and 2 Rips.

He could be so awesome if he just pulled his alien head out of his you know what.

« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2008, 10:20:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Where's that MVP thread when you really need it? I have to vote my man Scal tonight's MVP for his excellent defense, rebounding, scoring and clutch shooting and last minute ball hawking, deflections, and tips.

Oh, by the way, I'm serious.

No, really, I am.

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2008, 10:31:57 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Where's that MVP thread when you really need it? I have to vote my man Scal tonight's MVP for his excellent defense, rebounding, scoring and clutch shooting and last minute ball hawking, deflections, and tips.

Oh, by the way, I'm serious.

No, really, I am.

Coming your way soonish...Redz is here to serve
Yup

« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2008, 11:16:43 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Good win tonight.  Any win against the Knicks is a good one.  Any win without KG is a good one.  Leon and Scal stepped up in Garnett's absence. 

Rondo played his best game since the opener in my opinion.  That was encouraging to see.  Seeing another performance like this on Thursday would make me feel a lot better about tonight.  He needs to start playing consistent basketball.

For a little while in the fourth I thought the team went back to their 2005 offense.  Too much watching Paul and hoping for the best.  I want Mr. Clutch to have the ball in his hands in the fourth as much as anyone else, but I want it to come more within the offense.  His shots can come easier when the ball is moving between Rondo, himself, and Allen.

Speaking of Allens, Tony looked lost again tonight.  That pass at the end of the shot clock sticks out in my mind.  Just another "Bad Tony" mistake that he needs to improve on.

Scal was solid.  That's how he played against us in New Jersey that made Ainge give him that contract.  Solid defense and hitting open shots.  That was awesome to see.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2008, 12:19:42 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
In my status update last night (CET) on
Facebook, I wrote: "Looking forward to
reading about Leon Powe's success against
the Knicks tomorrow morning"  ;)
14 pts, 7 rebs, one block, 0 (ZERO) TO's in
28 mins = SUCCESS!