Author Topic: scal inbound highlight of the day  (Read 10687 times)

Re: scal inbound highlight of the day
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 10:30:05 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
He atoned by adding the finishing touches with the 3 too push it back to 20.  It helps in the pt differential so certain bloggers will rank us higher as a team.  So he was +1 overall.  Thanks Scal.

Now I'm feeling ashamed for having gone to bed just prior to Scal's big 3.
Yup

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 10:40:44 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
simply a two player brainfart

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 10:58:45 AM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
If you have ever been an outlet passer you know what he did there. You are supposed to lead the guard with the pass. Rondo usually is moving to that direction when he gets the inbounds. It was a bad pass and way farther in front of where it should have been even if he HAD been moving, but it's not like it was a huge deal. Stop inventing more ways to pick on Scal. I want someone to start a new thread every time TA throws the ball completely away. It would crash the server!

Great call!

That's why I call him "Turnover" Tony Allen!

The guy is always slightly out of control and is always to anxious when he has the ball in his hands.

Having said that he looked solid last night.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 11:17:44 AM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Bah. what do you think will happen when you put in a guy that hasnt played the whole first half? When is the last time he saw the court anyway?  Doctor of Substitutions :D :D

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 11:34:20 AM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
I went to the bathroom and missed this play and now I am glad I did

Scal better be riding pine for quite some time before ever seeing the court again for that blunder

So while you psssd, the rest of us were psssd.

Does he walk off the court saying "thats not my fault".

It really wasnt that big deal of a play, but it sure was irritating.

Wasn't a big deal?
He gave the opponent 2 points, he literally passed it to the other team, and allowed them to score.

How is that not a big deal. haha

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 11:39:28 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
I can't wait until this 5 year nightmare is over...

My thanks to Jason Kidd for screwing us over, making Danny believe that Scal was actually worth having him on the team.  And to show you how bad Scal is, not even Rondo can make him look good.

BTW, that play was TOTALLY on Scal, because when you watch the interaction following that play (breaking into the commercial following the period buzzer) Doc was in Scal's face, not Rondo's...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2010, 11:48:12 AM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
I can't wait until this 5 year nightmare is over...

My thanks to Jason Kidd for screwing us over, making Danny believe that Scal was actually worth having him on the team.  And to show you how bad Scal is, not even Rondo can make him look good.

BTW, that play was TOTALLY on Scal, because when you watch the interaction following that play (breaking into the commercial following the period buzzer) Doc was in Scal's face, not Rondo's...
Oh my give me a break. He makes 3.5 million just +1mil more than House and TA. He played well filling in for KG. He also played well in the Orland series last year coming off 3 concussions. The guy never complains and you dont see him in the news. He is the 11th or 12th guy on the bench what do you expect really?

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 11:51:31 AM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Scalabrine has been a FA disappointment no doubt, but he got a $15 million dollar contract. It's not like his deal prevented the team from making any moves or forced them to sell off quality players to avoid the tax.

That play royally angered me. I came very close to waking up my sleeping GF by screaming at the TV after he did that.

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 12:23:49 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Scalabrine has been a FA disappointment no doubt, but he got a $15 million dollar contract. It's not like his deal prevented the team from making any moves or forced them to sell off quality players to avoid the tax.

That play royally angered me. I came very close to waking up my sleeping GF by screaming at the TV after he did that.

For some reason I started laughing hysterically when it happened. Whenever he's on the floor I always laugh even if it's harming the team. It's like watching a 6'9 lumbering tower of lard "try" to act like he's hustling.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2010, 12:42:46 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Where is Scal's lawyer(Bass)when he needs him?...maybe Scal was sipin?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 12:50:48 PM by housecall »

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 12:54:03 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Its funny cuz the entire time my brother wanted to see Scal, then when he does come on, that happens.  That got me laughing.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 01:17:15 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Marcus Landry could mean the end of Scal at SF. He is better in almost every statistic and can post up, hit the 3 and rebound (inbound?). Has similar versatility to Scal.

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Marcus Landry could mean the end of Scal at SF. He is better in almost every statistic and can post up, hit the 3 and rebound (inbound?). Has similar versatility to Scal.
He's only played 108 minutes in the NBA total. Doc isn't going to trust him to do anything for this team, and rightfully so.

He'll be inactive unless there is an injury.

1. Rondo
2. Ray Allen
3. Pierce
4. K.G.
5. Perkins
6. Sheed
7. BBD
8. Tony Allen
9. Marquis Daniels
10. Nate Robinson
11. Shelden
12. Scal

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 01:33:37 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
LOL. That sequence made me laugh in disbelief.
Really Scal had no excuse. He should have noticed that Rondo was right in front of him holding his arms out and Bayless was standing in the direction he was planning to throw the ball.
At least he hit a 3 later to silence the trade Scal crowd  ;D
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2010, 01:42:09 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Love how Rondo refused to let him inbound the ball again. Seriously.. Isn't it obvious that you're supposed to pass to the green dude and not the one wearing white?

I hope ESPN writes an article on Scal's declining intangibles. Age must be catching up to Air Intangibles.

Yeah Rondo's reaction cracked me up. ESPN should have given us the reaction from the Boston bench.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.