Author Topic: Practice Footage Oct.2, 2009- Kevin Garnett Limping  (Read 11764 times)

Re: Practice Footage Oct.2, 2009- Kevin Garnett Limping
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 05:29:16 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'll be surprised to see him playing in a real game anytime in the next few months.

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 06:36:10 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Not worried, KG said himself he was about 85 or 90 percent. He needs little more time to get back to full speed.

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 06:42:57 AM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
At the pace he is going in that film, I wouldnt be surprised to see Big Z blow by him. I wouldnt call that 85% at all but the thing is, you never know with a knee injury. For one thing, if he hasnt been using it it's going to be sore. Hopefully it's not sore real bad because he has been using it though.

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 07:53:14 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
The leg doesn't look that bad.  KG looks out of shape more than anything else.

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 08:10:24 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It definitely looks very uncomfortable if not painful.  I hope the staff keeps him under control so the knee continues to get better and not get worse from inflamation.  And I agree with the poster who says he hopes KG doesn't get another injury from favoring the other leg so much.

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 08:12:50 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Clearly he's not 100% but he has admitted that and that in a way it could be part mental as he obsesses over it. On the other hand, we don't know for sure when that was filmed during practice. If that was filmed at the tail end of a grueling, 3 hour practice, then I might think he looked pretty good, all things considered.

My guess is it probably was shot towards the end of practice as the media only gets to see about 15 minutes of practice and it is logical to think they are allowed in at the end. KG could conceivably be running real well on it for 2 1/2 hours and then had it start to get sore after  long day. It is possible.

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 08:27:32 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Clearly he's not 100% but he has admitted that and that in a way it could be part mental as he obsesses over it. On the other hand, we don't know for sure when that was filmed during practice. If that was filmed at the tail end of a grueling, 3 hour practice, then I might think he looked pretty good, all things considered.

My guess is it probably was shot towards the end of practice as the media only gets to see about 15 minutes of practice and it is logical to think they are allowed in at the end. KG could conceivably be running real well on it for 2 1/2 hours and then had it start to get sore after  long day. It is possible.

That's basically how Doc sees it:

Kevin Garnett has been telling us since Monday that his surgically repaired right knee feels fine, and there is no reason not to believe him. Still it has warm Celtic Nation to know KG is willing to walk - and run and cut and jump - the talk.

It was therefore quite interesting when Shelden Williams tried to replace Garnett on the fly during the game, only to get a straight-arm worthy of the Heisman Trophy model.

“He said four minutes,” Garnett barked as Williams went back to the sideline.

A few moments later, KG came off the court. He and others had experienced some tightness, but it was more from the manner in which practice was conducted than a statement on their conditioning.

“He probably went longer than he should have because there was a lot of stopping and starting, which is not good for any of them,” coach Doc Rivers said. “You stop, we’re explaining, they get stiff and you start them back up. Today was a day I probably should have taken him out more.

“We went longer on some breakdown stuff, which is boring, and they end up getting stiff. But overall I’ve been thrilled with practice, and training camp has been just terrific.”

Link

Rivers substituted Kevin Garnett, whose running gait seemed awkward, with 3:58 remaining in a scrimmage. “He went the whole time, until the very end,’’ Rivers said. “Probably went longer than he should have, because there was a lot of stopping and starting, which is not good for any of them, and definitely not good for him. Because you stop and explain, and they get stiff and you start them back up. Today was a day when we should have taken him out more. He just got stiff. Same reason we took Rasheed off the floor. I just think with all the stopping and starting, the older guys, that’s tough.’’

Link

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 08:36:50 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Common sense will tell you that someone coming off knee surgery will have a bit of a limp the first few times they actually play organized bball.

Too much access can be a bad thing.

From my trained eye I would suspect he's more like 84.2% healthy.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 09:54:09 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i would assume it is normal to be limping at this stage.  although he was cleared, training camp is essentially rehab for him.

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 09:59:35 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Common sense will tell you that someone coming off knee surgery will have a bit of a limp the first few times they actually play organized bball.

Too much access can be a bad thing.

From my trained eye I would suspect he's more like 84.2% healthy.

I disagree. It's obvious he's 84.1455593%.

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2009, 10:29:42 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I'm pretty sure I read about KG getting kicked or kneed in the leg in the paper the day after I saw that footage on tv. That might have something to do with the limp...

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2009, 10:36:42 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Scares me a bit.. I mean he defiantly is limping for some people to say that he is not that is just well stupid, but he should be limping the man has not played up and down ball in a long time and had a major knee surgery.

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2009, 10:39:39 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I say give him a few weeks, he should be fine around start of the season.

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2009, 10:58:29 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
At the pace he is going in that film, I wouldnt be surprised to see Big Z blow by him. I wouldnt call that 85% at all but the thing is, you never know with a knee injury. For one thing, if he hasnt been using it it's going to be sore. Hopefully it's not sore real bad because he has been using it though.

granted, but at the pace that drill is being run at, wally would toast ray on a full court sprint :D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2009, 12:24:43 PM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
with our depth in the front court, we don't need him til after the break.  he needs to come back slowly - let sheed start and kg come off the bench til the break.  that should keep kg's minutes down in the beginning.  i know easier said than done.  kg is a warrior and will fight doc keeping his minutes down.