Author Topic: 2013-14 Regular Season  (Read 202886 times)

Re: 2013-14 Regular Season
« Reply #810 on: March 31, 2014, 01:38:56 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Knicks are making the playoffs this year, right?  Atlanta will fall out and New York will sneak in.  Think they will give the credit to phil jackson?  Lol
Knicks are 1 game behind Atlanta for the 8th seed.  It's happening.

« Reply #811 on: April 06, 2014, 01:44:04 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Nice to see KG back and together with Pierce winning a game tonight.  I know it makes that 1st round draft pick worse for the C's, but the pick will be close to what we expected at the start of the season. 

« Reply #812 on: April 06, 2014, 07:14:31 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
The Indiana Pacers went down hill the last few months. I had them winning it all this season.

Something killed there chemistry. Was it the Granger trade? Bynum?

Hawks 55 - 23 @Pacers halftime as we speak.

The need to turn it around fast because the lost the first seed already...
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #813 on: April 06, 2014, 07:23:59 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
The Indiana Pacers went down hill the last few months. I had them winning it all this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped E.Turner and A.Bynum from the rotation. Go with lesser talented but more team orientated role players like I.Mahinmi and R.Butler (or more SF minutes for L.Stephenson and small backcourts with CJ Watson + George Hill) instead. Team first guys. Unselfish players who understand their role.

Go back to what got them in a good position in the first place.

« Reply #814 on: April 06, 2014, 07:37:28 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Am I the only one who thinks that Hibbert might be traded this off-season? He seems to be the one who really suffers from the bad chemistry in Indiana. And he might be a big part of the reason for it, too.

« Reply #815 on: April 06, 2014, 07:44:48 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Am I the only one who thinks that Hibbert might be traded this off-season? He seems to be the one who really suffers from the bad chemistry in Indiana. And he might be a big part of the reason for it, too.

BKN's pick, Kelly Olynyk, Bass, and Jeff Green for Hibbert.

Mahinmi is a more than capable starting center for them.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #816 on: April 06, 2014, 07:55:45 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
No, I don't think so.

Too much of Indiana's team identity is built around Hibbert's shot-blocking and defensive presence. He is too valuable.

« Reply #817 on: April 06, 2014, 07:55:57 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride

I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped E.Turner and A.Bynum from the rotation. Go with lesser talented but more team orientated role players like I.Mahinmi and R.Butler (or more SF minutes for L.Stephenson and small backcourts with CJ Watson + George Hill) instead. Team first guys. Unselfish players who understand their role.

But are Turner and Bynum the (only) problem?

Turner looks like a team player that's happy to finally be with a good playoff team after his 76'ers years. And Bynum is injured.

In the past few weeks the have been calling each other out in the media. (players being selfish is more than once used) Stephenson and Hill had a on court argument recently.

The need to have a player only meeting and make sure that everybody is one the same page. Maybe watch some tape of the first half of the season?
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #818 on: April 06, 2014, 08:00:24 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
The West is so fun to watch sometimes.

Houston/Denver up and down like a track meet. Asik and Faried have combined for 22 rebounds ands its not even half time. Lots of shots going up.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #819 on: April 06, 2014, 08:44:25 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Knicks are making the playoffs this year, right?  Atlanta will fall out and New York will sneak in.  Think they will give the credit to phil jackson?  Lol
Knicks are 1 game behind Atlanta for the 8th seed.  It's happening.

I think it's safe to say that today's Hawks win over the Pacers (while the Knicks lost to the Heat) has effectively closed that door.

« Reply #820 on: April 06, 2014, 09:46:38 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

But are Turner and Bynum the (only) problem?

Turner looks like a team player that's happy to finally be with a good playoff team after his 76'ers years. And Bynum is injured.

In the past few weeks the have been calling each other out in the media. (players being selfish is more than once used) Stephenson and Hill had a on court argument recently.

The need to have a player only meeting and make sure that everybody is one the same page. Maybe watch some tape of the first half of the season?

It's over for them. The Raptors will eat them alive in the second-round. I'm afraid whoever comes out from the East...and there is only one team capable enough of doing it anyways...will win it all. OKC and SAS won't even stand a chance against the Heat in the finals.

But man, I'd love to see the Raptors take on Miami in the ECF!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #821 on: April 06, 2014, 10:48:13 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Asik is a beast 18 points 23 rebounds 3 blocks 3 steals and 1 foul in 43 minutes of play.

We have to get this guy in the Green uniform.

« Reply #822 on: April 07, 2014, 09:09:54 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Lebron Forgot How to Basketball

« Reply #823 on: April 07, 2014, 10:48:11 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Asik is a beast 18 points 23 rebounds 3 blocks 3 steals and 1 foul in 43 minutes of play.

Oh .....no......no centers for the Celtics.......we don't use them.......that wouldn't be fair to the rest of the league

We need ten more athletic shooting guards . 

Small ball

« Reply #824 on: April 07, 2014, 10:54:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I have a feeling he's priority #1 for Ainge and co. after the draft.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain