Author Topic: 2013-14 Regular Season  (Read 202894 times)

Re: 2013-14 Regular Season
« Reply #720 on: March 04, 2014, 12:50:45 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
61-5-7 on 22-33. 8-10 from deep, 9-12 from the FT.

Hot. [dang].
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #721 on: March 04, 2014, 12:59:12 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
great wins by the Lakers and Kings

« Reply #722 on: March 04, 2014, 07:49:49 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Apparently we might have to cheer for the Lakers and the Knicks now? Ugh!
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #723 on: March 04, 2014, 09:06:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Soooo . . . for all those people who cite Westbrook as a ball-hog who can't pass.

He's got 11 assists in 11 minutes tonight.  Franchise record for the Thunder/ Sonics.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #724 on: March 04, 2014, 09:28:36 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
Soooo . . . for all those people who cite Westbrook as a ball-hog who can't pass.

He's got 11 assists in 11 minutes tonight.  Franchise record for the Thunder/ Sonics.

It's getting to the point where any stats accumulated against the Sixers just shouldn't count.  Something crazy happens pretty much every night against them.

One of the most blatant tank-jobs I've seen.

« Reply #725 on: March 04, 2014, 11:20:27 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
The rockets are one piece away from being champions.
Beat the Heat tonight, and are 8-2 in the last 10 and third in the west. They are really close and I see them coming out of the West. I'm surprised they weren't in play for a guy like Rondo. He would be perfect for them and would put them over the top IMO. Rondo to Howard would be electric and they have Harden and Parsons to light it up. Now they dont have anything really enticing to offer but for a potential fit I dont see many other teams that he'd fit better on...Maybe the Grizzlies.

« Reply #726 on: March 04, 2014, 11:39:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

It's getting to the point where any stats accumulated against the Sixers just shouldn't count.  Something crazy happens pretty much every night against them.

Hrm, that's a fair point.  But still -- at the very least it shows he can focus on distributing over scoring sometimes.  Maybe the knee issues will force him to become more of a passer.

BTW -- Westbrook ended up with a triple double in 22 minutes!  That's nuts.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #727 on: March 04, 2014, 11:57:15 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Hrm, that's a fair point.  But still -- at the very least it shows he can focus on distributing over scoring sometimes.  Maybe the knee issues will force him to become more of a passer.

Westbrook is one of the most unfairly criticized players in the NBA right now.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #728 on: March 05, 2014, 12:10:59 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Yup.  I'd love to have him on my team. 

It's funny that Rose got an MVP and endless praise and Westbrook gets so much criticism for taking shots away from KD, yet Westbrook and Rose are extremely similar players, particularly in terms of raw statistical production.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #729 on: March 05, 2014, 12:31:47 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
I like Rose a lot, too. So many awesome point guards in the league right now. Makes it fun to watch.

I think a lot of it comes down to the common basketball fan's idea of the best play for the Thunder being "give the ball to Durant."

« Reply #730 on: March 05, 2014, 12:38:56 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
The rockets are one piece away from being champions.
Beat the Heat tonight, and are 8-2 in the last 10 and third in the west. They are really close and I see them coming out of the West. I'm surprised they weren't in play for a guy like Rondo. He would be perfect for them and would put them over the top IMO. Rondo to Howard would be electric and they have Harden and Parsons to light it up. Now they dont have anything really enticing to offer but for a potential fit I dont see many other teams that he'd fit better on...Maybe the Grizzlies.

No way they beat OKC in the playoffs.  Only way they make it out of the West is if someone else knocks OKC out.

« Reply #731 on: March 05, 2014, 12:53:07 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
I don't think they get by San Antonio or LA either. Somehow the idea of Houston riding nearly 20 FT's a game between Howard and Harden doesn't seem to fly in the post-season.

« Reply #732 on: March 05, 2014, 05:49:49 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I'm just thankful the spectre of a Clippers v. Rockets  hackathon in the playoffs is fading away.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #733 on: March 05, 2014, 07:19:12 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Yup.  I'd love to have him on my team. 

It's funny that Rose got an MVP and endless praise and Westbrook gets so much criticism for taking shots away from KD, yet Westbrook and Rose are extremely similar players, particularly in terms of raw statistical production.

I was making this point to a friend of mine the other day, who's a Bulls fan, and all he could muster was "if Rose had KD he would have more assists than Westbrook!"

Ok, sure.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #734 on: March 05, 2014, 02:43:21 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I like Rose a lot, too. So many awesome point guards in the league right now. Makes it fun to watch.

I think a lot of it comes down to the common basketball fan's idea of the best play for the Thunder being "give the ball to Durant."

yeah.  a lot of people who extoll the virtues of the passing point guard and lament the rise of the shoot-first point guard overlook the effect that dribble penetration has in opening up looks for other players on the team.  the Thunder are a far more dangerous team when they have Westbrook attacking the rim and penetrating, even if he personally isn't the one always getting credited with assists.

Tony Parker does the same thing for the Spurs.
- Mark Twain