Author Topic: 2013-14 Regular Season  (Read 202904 times)

Re: 2013-14 Regular Season
« Reply #585 on: January 24, 2014, 10:40:09 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
He also grabbed 13 rebounds, which was left out.

And no turnovers.  I watched some of it, Melo had several "hockey assists", and moved the ball fairly well when the defense tried clamping down.  He shot quite a bit but was in great rhythm and didn't force much at all.  And of course what he did force mostly went in, it was that kinda night.  Tremendous performance.

« Reply #586 on: January 24, 2014, 10:42:37 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

And no turnovers.  I watched some of it, Melo had several "hockey assists", and moved the ball fairly well when the defense tried clamping down.  He shot quite a bit but was in great rhythm and didn't force much at all.  And of course what he did force mostly went in, it was that kinda night.  Tremendous performance.

This deserves a TP.

Melo has been judged, lets just say poorly here in these forums. But the guy is all effort and is not really as "selfish" as a lot of here thought.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #587 on: January 24, 2014, 10:52:42 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

This deserves a TP.

Melo has been judged, lets just say poorly here in these forums. But the guy is all effort and is not really as "selfish" as a lot of here thought.

did you watch any of the c's vs knicks playoff series last year?

Melo went 10-35 in game 4 , 8-24 in game 5, 7-23 in game 6 . He very nearly shot the c's into a game 7 without Rondo, and an old and tired PP and KG.

He is the epitome of a ball hog, yea he was efficient tonight, big deal, it's one hot game. Most of the time he is going to shoot you out of the game.

« Reply #588 on: January 24, 2014, 10:53:09 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

This deserves a TP.

Full disclosure:  I'm a Syracuse fan so I definitely support Melo, he got them a title and has given tons of support since joining the league, including millions in donations.  I don't like his game much when he plays poorly, but when he's on it's a thing of beauty.

According to ESPN tonight's performance broke Reggie Miller's record for most points scored without a turnover.  Crazy stuff.

« Reply #589 on: January 24, 2014, 11:06:21 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

This deserves a TP.

Melo went 10-35 in game 4 , 8-24 in game 5, 7-23 in game 6 . He very nearly shot the c's into a game 7 without Rondo, and an old and tired PP and KG.

He is the epitome of a ball hog, yea he was efficient tonight, big deal, it's one hot game. Most of the time he is going to shoot you out of the game.

Who else on that team will shoot the ball? He doesn't have any help, so not only does he need to shoot a ton (because no one else on that team can score), most of the defense is focused on him.

I understand that this kind of games are once every what, 2 years? But I disagree that Melo is fools gold. He's putting decent shooting numbers being the one and only effective scoring option. Imagine what he can do if there's another guy who can score, lessening the defensive focus on Anthony. Or, a guy who can put him in better positions to score more efficient.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #590 on: January 24, 2014, 11:30:49 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

This deserves a TP.

One hot game is what you say when a player goes for 30.

This was orders of magnitude more than hot.

That said, this brand of Carmelo shows up about once a season. It's awesome, but it's very Hailey's comet.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #591 on: January 25, 2014, 06:55:47 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
LaMarcus Aldridge is a GROWN MAN, now.

He has quietly upped just about every statistical category this season. Man is growing into a LEADER.
He's playing the same as he has other years. His rebounding is up mostly up this season over last because Robin Lopez doesn't grab many defensive boards compared to Hickson.

He's just on a better team now, same player as last year.

What you state is true, but to me a +2 difference in rebounding and a nearly +4 difference in PPG is a significant step, regardless of the team.

I've always liked LA, and thought that out of all the players out there he'd best fit in BOS, along with maybe Joakim Noah.

The shocking thing to me is that Love is actually starting over him in the ASG...I love Love, but at least POR is winning a lot of games so far.

I'm calling POR as my dark horse playoff team right now. I know there are still many games to play, but I think they are going to make some noise this postseason.

« Reply #592 on: January 26, 2014, 03:02:19 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Miami tearing up the Spurs apart in this NBA Finals rematch.

Heat making this look too easy!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #593 on: January 27, 2014, 05:28:12 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Goodness gracious, apparently Plumlee had a big role in the Cavs' 6 point quarter.

*And the Pacers gave him up for nothing.

That draft was indeed one where everyone can find something they want.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:53:46 AM by pokeKingCurtis »

« Reply #594 on: January 30, 2014, 04:11:31 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen

Edit:

Hope someone makes a GIF of Durant walking it up the floor and splashing it several feet behind the 3 point line in LeBron's grill after LeBron hit a tough shot.

Cold blooded.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 08:12:08 AM by pokeKingCurtis »

« Reply #595 on: January 30, 2014, 08:20:34 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Carmelo is at it again.

And this time he's got help.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #596 on: January 30, 2014, 08:45:03 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Hope someone makes a GIF of Durant walking it up the floor and splashing it several feet behind the 3 point line in LeBron's grill after LeBron hit a tough shot.

Cold blooded.

All of his 3s last night were with a hand right in his face. The Heat contested every single one, even the ones from way downtown. It just didn't matter.

« Reply #597 on: January 30, 2014, 09:28:29 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen

Cold blooded.

All of his 3s last night were with a hand right in his face. The Heat contested every single one, even the ones from way downtown. It just didn't matter.

TP. That was disgusting.

« Reply #598 on: January 30, 2014, 11:52:13 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Kenny just said Crawford is a real player, not just a good player on a bad team.

Or, in his words, "not just a looter in a riot."

Chuck's blaming his early boneheadedness on the Wizards. I think that's fair.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #599 on: January 31, 2014, 10:36:25 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
OKC routed Brooklyn.

What, did Kendrick Perkins shut down Kevin Garnett tonight?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)