Author Topic: 2013-14 Regular Season  (Read 202893 times)

Re: 2013-14 Regular Season
« Reply #285 on: December 02, 2013, 08:07:19 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Meanwhile in the power rankings, whole Atlantic division holds the #22 spot upto the lowest which is the Knicks ;D
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #286 on: December 02, 2013, 08:18:14 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
Also, we're unbelievably 1 game out of a playoff spot in the East now. Our division is truly horrid.

Look further up the standings - we're actually 1/2 game out of the 4 seed  :o
*cringe*

Danny needs to sit Brad down and have a talk.

All this "winning" is cute, but this is not the plan.
I don't think we have any chance to make the playoffs, plan or no plan, but it's entertaining how bad the East is this year.
atlanta is in third place at .500. that means if they were in the west they would be tied with two other teams for twelfth place. meaning only THREE teams in the entire western conference would have a worse w/l record than atlanta, the Leastern's third place team.

don't even look at the w/l record between the two conferences. take away indiana and miami and i think the Leastern conference is something under .300.

Looking at the glass half-full, the Hawks may be the 3-seed at 9-9,but are also only 1.5 games from the 8th seed.  They play the Spurs tonight in SA. 

Another interesting fact is that if the season ended today all 7 of the East lottery picks would select in the top 9 (if draft order holds to form).  That's means 2 top-10 picks for us if we, Nets and Hawks all manage to avert the playoffs. Dreaming...

« Reply #287 on: December 02, 2013, 09:48:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Hawks play n Spurs tuff :P

« Reply #288 on: December 03, 2013, 12:16:21 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Wow is Aldridge impressive right now in this game.  He is absolutely carrying the Trailblazers and even the Pacers can't stop him.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #289 on: December 03, 2013, 12:20:43 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Wow is Aldridge impressive right now in this game.  He is absolutely carrying the Trailblazers and even the Pacers can't stop him.
That 3 by Lillard was huge though. George had made three consecutive 3s to make a two point game. Blazers kept their cool though.

But I'm hugely impressed every time I watch George.

« Reply #290 on: December 03, 2013, 12:21:19 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I like the Blazers.  Now that they have a bench they're looking pretty great.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #291 on: December 03, 2013, 12:33:54 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Yeah I'm impressed.  Props for them to holding onto Aldridge when I'm sure they were getting offers constantly.  He is so impressive now.  I was ranking my top players in the league just for fun and had him 5th... couldn't really go any lower how he's playing.  Just so consistent and versatile.

That 3 by Lillard was huge though. George had made three consecutive 3s to make a two point game. Blazers kept their cool though.

But I'm hugely impressed every time I watch George.

Yeah that was a nice play.  But Aldridge really got and kept them the lead when buckets were tough to come by down the stretch.

George is so impressive.  To continue with the ranking talk had him 4th.  He is a great competitor too.  Very impressed with him as well.  Didn't see him rising to these levels.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #292 on: December 03, 2013, 12:43:01 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

They need more bigs, so that LMA doesn't grind down over the course of the season. Thomas Robinson, Joel Freeland, Meyers Leonard, and Victor Claver are their backups right now.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #293 on: December 03, 2013, 06:20:46 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

They need more bigs, so that LMA doesn't grind down over the course of the season. Thomas Robinson, Joel Freeland, Meyers Leonard, and Victor Claver are their backups right now.

Robinson and Freeland are at least serviceable, and some of the best lineups for the Blazers are smaller lineups.  They can play guys like Babbitt or Wright at the 4.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #294 on: December 03, 2013, 12:06:54 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Robinson and Freeland are at least serviceable, and some of the best lineups for the Blazers are smaller lineups.  They can play guys like Babbitt or Wright at the 4.

Babbit is in Russia.

I think Bass would be a great addition to the Blazer big rotation.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #295 on: December 03, 2013, 08:40:35 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I like how Detroit matches-up against Miami. They got the big PFs/Cs to exploit Miami's weakness. They have a solid SF/PF type who is a good defender contest LeBron. And they have a PG who can penetrate with fair ease, and get in the paint.

« Reply #296 on: December 03, 2013, 09:38:54 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
It was bound to happen, Josh Smith shooting Detroit out of the lead... 6 point game now, 17-9 Miami in the 4th quarter.

« Reply #297 on: December 03, 2013, 09:46:49 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Jennings just made a big 3. Heat are executing poorly down the stretch.

Come on Detroit, don't implode.

« Reply #298 on: December 03, 2013, 09:54:40 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Detroit win this
they might have found
that thing that will make them
dangerous

« Reply #299 on: December 03, 2013, 09:54:46 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
41secs to go.. keep it together Detroit!!
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…