Author Topic: Tonight we are all Portland Fans  (Read 3727 times)

Re: Tonight we are all Portland Fans
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 03:05:56 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I'm always rooting for the Blazers if they aren't playing against the Celts.
I like them too.

Good things that come to mind immediately:
Rose garden (also a great tune), Dražen Petrović's 1st NBA team (landing on the moon scale), Drexler, '91 finals (first one I ever saw!), fun Jail-blazer teams (Isaiah having 200 stolen phones in the trunk, etc.), the owner who always was a willing spender (more of those please...cough...Tilman Fertitta...cough), Sabonis - a giant in every sense of the word (finally!), fat Kemp (now funny, back then I was still a bit down.), they never tank (this one counts a lot), turned a Gerald Wallace rental into Dame Lillard (they were outcelticsing us before we invented the outsourced t(h)anking), Cliff Robinson with the headband (image stored, 3 backups made, delete forbidden) and forever beloved and injury cursed Brandon Roy (he came close to Manu, I enjoyed watching him play that much)

Go Blazers!
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 03:44:29 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I like them too.

Rose garden (also a great tune), Dražen Petrović's 1st NBA team (landing on the moon scale), Drexler, '91 finals (first one I ever saw!), fun Jail-blazer teams (Isaiah having 200 stolen phones in the trunk, etc.), the owner who always was a willing spender (more of those please...cough...Tilman Fertitta...cough), Sabonis - a giant in every sense of the word (finally!), fat Kemp (now funny, back then I was still a bit down.), they never tank (this one counts a lot), turned a Gerald Wallace rental into Dame Lillard (they were outcelticsing us before we invented the outsourced t(h)anking), Cliff Robinson with the headband (image stored, 3 backups made, delete forbidden) and forever beloved and injury cursed Brandon Roy (he came close to Manu, I enjoyed watching him play that much)

Go Blazers!

Don't forget Bill Walton, Buck Williams, Terry Porter, and Kevin Duckworth!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 04:07:37 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I like them too.

Go Blazers!

And for anybody who lived in the Portland area in the early 90s, "Mercy, mercy, Jerome Kersey".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2019, 04:18:25 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I like them too.

Go Blazers!

And for anybody who lived in the Portland area in the early 90s, "Mercy, mercy, Jerome Kersey".

Doh! I should've remembered him.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2019, 05:48:40 PM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
With the lottery odds so flattened out compared to years past, I'm thinking that Memphis will have to finish with at least the 7th or maybe even 6th worst record in order or this pick to not convey. There's a better chance that someone will bump everyone down a slot or two than ever before.

If Memphis is in 8th position going into the lottery, there's a good chance it gets bumped to 9th or 10th.

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2019, 05:50:43 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
With the lottery odds so flattened out compared to years past, I'm thinking that Memphis will have to finish with at least the 7th or maybe even 6th worst record in order or this pick to not convey. There's a better chance that someone will bump everyone down a slot or two than ever before.

If Memphis is in 8th position going into the lottery, there's a good chance it gets bumped to 9th or 10th.
TP.
It is more volatile.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 12:46:53 AM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
Nice. Portland pulled off a big comeback win.

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 12:58:44 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
That boxscore is bonkers. 3 guys played the entire game  :o

I've always secretely craved me some Skal on the Celtics - good to see him show out.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.