Author Topic: Fire Joe! ... or critique Joe ... or defend Joe... or worry about Joe's coaching  (Read 181667 times)

celticinorlando and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Fire him tomorrow  >:(
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Even for Joe, two straight games of poor end-game decision-making is impressive.

Not sure what was worse - the awful end-game plays in regulation or the lack of adjustment with KP getting killed all fourth and OT on the mismatches.

Lots of blame to go around, but another masterpiece from Joe.

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
Even for Joe, two straight games of poor end-game decision-making is impressive.

Not sure what was worse - the awful end-game plays in regulation or the lack of adjustment with KP getting killed all fourth and OT on the mismatches.

Getting outcoached by Snyder, who is a mediocre coach, is not a good look.  I mean, their 4th quarter consisted of primarily Murray iso ball, which is flat out awful basketball.

I've praised Joe so far this regular season, but like most other people here his inability to adjust in-game is great cause for concern.  We're the best team and have the best shot at the title, but Joe is the big question mark.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah...  the Hawks repeatedly hunted the Porzingis switch, and Joe sat on his hands. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Joe with his exit interview coming up as he’s definitely getting canned in the morning …this time next week he’ll probably be collecting unemployment  >:(
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Getting outcoached by Snyder, who is a mediocre coach, is not a good look.  I mean, their 4th quarter consisted of primarily Murray iso ball, which is flat out awful basketball.

I've praised Joe so far this regular season, but like most other people here his inability to adjust in-game is great cause for concern.  We're the best team and have the best shot at the title, but Joe is the big question mark.

Yeah...  the Hawks repeatedly hunted the Porzingis switch, and Joe sat on his hands.

At least we saw *some* progress from Joe in that he didn't go to a Tatum iso for the second go-ahead opportunity in OT. I actually liked that play with us going to KP on the post, leading to him passing it to JB for the shot.

But, yeah, overshadowed by the lack of adjustments and the continue over-reliance on the poor efficieny Tatum sets, all while doing while burning a timeout that could've been used to get a better look.

Offline DocomoCelts

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
We know Brad's not going to do anything, even if Joe loses all of his remaining games.  Let's see what happens when the Playoffs come.  Get bounced before the Conference Finals, which we can't rule out, and things will get interesting.

Offline Indocelts

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 230
Somebody mentioned that other players just don't move around when Tatum gets the ball in his hand.

Wondering what those players think when they see Tatum jacking up futile shot after shot in crunch time. Don't they hate it?

Why doesn't Joe take this into consideration as well when he manages his end game?

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
This team peaked early? Now they're going free fall mode. Bad time to free fall if you ask me lol.

We are so done for in the playoffs and having this joke of a coach doesn't help either

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Team really has no very good one-on-one player. JT and JB are not. Other playoff bound teams have them. This is where White or Jrue should come in and make plays to work. Dejounte just repeated his performance from last year's playoffs. Smh

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
They refuse to move the ball on offense in the 4th quarter. It’s infuriating

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://twitter.com/NBCSCeltics/status/1773540430669398401

I’m not sure how anyone can defend Joe here, even his most ardent apologists.

Joe admits here that his entire gameplan in the end of regulation scenario was “get JT the ball and let him make a play for us”. He also said that he got a “good” look. More of his laissez faire philosophy that has fallen on its face countless times in his tenure.

It’s indefensible at this point. All the data suggests that this is just not the right play here and we have better options than a JT iso in that situation. I said this elsewhere, but for a supposedly analytics guy he is simply not analytical in his approach. Rather, he’s dogmatic and set in his ways, regardless of what the data suggests.

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
https://twitter.com/NBCSCeltics/status/1773540430669398401

I’m not sure how anyone can defend Joe here, even his most ardent apologists.

Joe admits here that his entire gameplan in the end of regulation scenario was “get JT the ball and let him make a play for us”. He also said that he got a “good” look. More of his laissez faire philosophy that has fallen on its face countless times in his tenure.

It’s indefensible at this point. All the data suggests that this is just not the right play here and we have better options than a JT iso in that situation. I said this elsewhere, but for a supposedly analytics guy he is simply not analytical in his approach. Rather, he’s dogmatic and set in his ways, regardless of what the data suggests.

It’s scary no doubt. I just don’t see the point in getting bummed out about it or throwing in the towel.  This is still a very talented team that can win, and I’d prefer going into the playoffs believing they have a chance rather than convincing myself that they can’t overcome their coaching deficit. They can, and they might.

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
This team peaked early? Now they're going free fall mode. Bad time to free fall if you ask me lol.

We are so done for in the playoffs and having this joke of a coach doesn't help either

The champion Nuggets went 2-5 to end their regular season last year.  The only thing that matters heading into the playoffs is health.  The #1 overall seed has been a foregone conclusion for weeks