Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948586 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2010, 01:22:08 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Jaws...
and 2001: A Space Odyssey again because it was that good.

Watching Punch-Drunk Love as soon as the current game is over.

Then I have a long list of movies to watch that I own and have not yet watched...

A FiEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.l of Dollars
For A Few Dollars More
Lost Highway
Gone With the Wind
12 Angry Men
Broken Trail
and, The Savages.

You've just GOT to add "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" to this list, Matt ... the ultimate "Spaghetti Western" and the first two on your list are not justified without this one ... you won't be sorry. ;) (Another in the same vein: "Once Upon A Time In The West" ... awesome SW flick!)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2010, 07:29:34 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Jaws...
and 2001: A Space Odyssey again because it was that good.

Watching Punch-Drunk Love as soon as the current game is over.

Then I have a long list of movies to watch that I own and have not yet watched...

A FiEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.l of Dollars
For A Few Dollars More
Lost Highway
Gone With the Wind
12 Angry Men
Broken Trail
and, The Savages.

You've just GOT to add "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" to this list, Matt ... the ultimate "Spaghetti Western" and the first two on your list are not justified without this one ... you won't be sorry. ;) (Another in the same vein: "Once Upon A Time In The West" ... awesome SW flick!)

Thanks, Bahku... but, I already have The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. I watched them out of order before I knew it was a trilogy. Definitely one of my favorites.

And... Once Upon A Time In The West is on my long list of movies to buy when I get the chance, but that particular movie is 25 dollars at Best Buy. I'm not paying 25 dollars for it. I'm sure I can get it for 10 or 15 at FYE next time I go to the mall.

« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2010, 06:58:08 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
The Savages: 3 out of 4
Extremely depressing... great acting from Philip Seymour Hoffman.
A movie about having to put your elderly parents into a nursing home and exactly what kind of effect that can have on people. Dark comedy, not a lot of comic relief, which I was fine with. I can't stand a comedy like Juno about a teenage pregnancy and yet the whole movie is comedy... really the parents didn't get a little bit mad and yell at Juno not even once? The Savages was done well but after losing 2 grandparents over the last year it was tough to watch. I can't think of a time when it would ever really be easy to watch and I hope I never become so desensitized that it ever is.

12 Angry Men: 4 out of 4
Like my 2001: A Space Odyssey review I have nothing to say. It's a perfect movie, see it. Any review I could write would not be able to do a perfect movie justice.

« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2010, 06:59:32 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
The Savages: 3 out of 4
Extremely depressing... great acting from Philip Seymour Hoffman.
A movie about having to put your elderly parents into a nursing home and exactly what kind of effect that can have on people. Dark comedy, not a lot of comic relief, which I was fine with. I can't stand a comedy like Juno about a teenage pregnancy and yet the whole movie is comedy... really the parents didn't get a little bit mad and yell at Juno not even once? The Savages was done well but after losing 2 grandparents over the last year it was tough to watch. I can't think of a time when it would ever really be easy to watch and I hope I never become so desensitized that it ever is.

12 Angry Men: 4 out of 4
Like my 2001: A Space Odyssey review I have nothing to say. It's a perfect movie, see it. Any review I could write would not be able to do a perfect movie justice.

The Savages was a decent movie.  But yeh, not a real pick me up.
Yup

« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2010, 12:01:17 AM »

Offline mzepol

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
The Shawshank Redemption for the Nth time.

Easily one of my favorite films of all time, with an ending that was so powerful yet so subtle.

« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2010, 12:57:49 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The Shawshank Redemption for the Nth time.

Easily one of my favorite films of all time, with an ending that was so powerful yet so subtle.

Awesome movie, truly (TP). Just watched Lawrence of Arabia and Enemy of the State, (way under-rated) ... a couple of those that I have seen many times and never tire of. Saw Avatar (3D) again, too ... yes, the story is predictable and trite, but I don't know how anyone can NOT get drawn into the effects, atmosphere, cinematography, and scope ... love it.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2010, 03:15:28 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
ZOMBIE LAND...started great but then went down..i didnt like the bill murray scenes at all..maybe if i watched it with a 40.....

« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2010, 03:47:10 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I went ahead and watched Avatar in IMax. The visuals were nice. The story was pretty stupid. I found the alien world pretty dumb too. Plants that light up when you step on them? Plugging in to various species with your braided hair? Does their hair unbraid?

The 3d did add to the movie and didn't seem gimmicky to me. I watched it because I felt I had to for the sense of history, and I feel it was worth it despite the horrifically bad writing/story.

« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2010, 03:58:03 AM »

Kiorrik

Push

It was okay, in a fast-and-the-furious kind of way. Instead of the souped up vehicles, this film had superpowers. I'm comparing it to the previously mentioned super-car flick because of the motivation you should use to watch it; watch this movie when you want stuff on your screen to move and want to be able to follow the story even when you're not watching for a minute. Or fifty minutes, for that matter.

« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2010, 04:06:17 AM »

Kiorrik

The Other Boleyn Girl

This is the opposite of the previous in many ways, even though there's no real big plot twists. In fact, it's based on some book that's loosely based on some aristocrats life. It's about the English court, with a king 'n all that. Watch it when you can't find anything else, I'd rate it 66 out of 100.

« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2010, 04:35:00 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I went ahead and watched Avatar in IMax. The visuals were nice. The story was pretty stupid. I found the alien world pretty dumb too. Plants that light up when you step on them? Plugging in to various species with your braided hair? Does their hair unbraid?

The 3d did add to the movie and didn't seem gimmicky to me. I watched it because I felt I had to for the sense of history, and I feel it was worth it despite the horrifically bad writing/story.

Actually those things already occur in nature here on Earth, just in different environments than shown in Avatar, so they make a great deal of sense scientifically. The largest paradox is the floating mountains, as anti-gravity is, (as we understand at our present state of development), completely impossible and counter to all laws of planetary physics, (black hole environment may be an exception, but that's only far-fetched theory at this point). The movie was science fiction, and very good sci-fi at that, with no more outrageous ideas than Star Wars, Star Trek, Aliens, or most other good science fiction. If you're not into sci-fi, then chances are it's not going to appeal to you. But even for those who don't care for sci-fi, the special effects applications are beyond anything ever attempted before, and can be appreciated in that manner, if no other. ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2010, 12:57:14 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Benjamin Button....thought it was an instant top 10 movie ever.

Was amazed by some of the extraordinarily pretentious things the critics wrote about it.

Borderline life changing

« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2010, 01:01:27 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Benjamin Button....thought it was an instant top 10 movie ever.

Was amazed by some of the extraordinarily pretentious things the critics wrote about it.

Borderline life changing

So I take it you enjoyed Forest Gump Benjamin Button?

I watched Twilight New Moon with my gf late last night. I don't know when Vampires became whiny little emotional girls that can't be killed by silver or stakes, but I am not a fan.

Also, I don't know what being a werewolf has to do with never wearing a shirt, but apparently it's a big deal. I've heard they're considering casting Mike "The Situation" for the next movie, but current legal restrictions prohibit him from coming within 100 yards of minors.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2010, 01:03:51 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Saw the wolfman really liked it.

« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2010, 01:10:51 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale