Author Topic: Boston Celtics Backcourt Is Packed with Promising Potential  (Read 6788 times)

Boston Celtics Backcourt Is Packed with Promising Potential
« on: February 25, 2015, 07:01:41 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The "Bleacher Report" seems to like the new look of the backcourt. Are you satisfied at all.

Off season, do we spend the money on Jimmy Butler or similar upgrade at the guard position ?

Or do we look to spend in the front court.

Re: Boston Celtics Backcourt Is Packed with Promising Potential
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 07:02:57 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
front court. Definitely front court

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 08:59:33 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
anyway we could grab Jimmy butler and/or Noah??

I would like the look of our team with

Smart/Bradley/Butler/Sullinger/Noah  with THomas off the bench as a super 6th man

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 09:22:31 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Backcourt will be fine. Can we please find a couple of bigs that are willing and able to play defense?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 09:25:53 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Backcourt will be fine. Can we please find a couple of bigs that are willing and able to play defense?

I think Cauley stein is going to be Ainge's answer for this. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 09:40:52 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I think WCS will be out of our range.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ainge take Montrezl Harrell as a replacement for Bass and then draft a project big like Mam Jaiteh, Robert Upshaw, Christian Wood, Dakari Johnson, etc.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 09:43:06 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ainge take Montrezl Harrell as a replacement for Bass and then draft a project big like Mam Jaiteh, Robert Upshaw, Christian Wood, Dakari Johnson, etc.

I don't know, I don't think WCS is that far out of reach considering the assets Ainge will have.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 09:45:33 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

I don't know, I don't think WCS is that far out of reach considering the assets Ainge will have.

TP

With so many picks, Ainge will be able to deal to get any target that falls outside the top 3.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 10:12:19 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Harrell is still my number one "want" in this draft. I know he isn't going to be a top ten pick or superstar but I wanted him last year and I want him again this year. I've always disliked undersized Forward/Centers but he is one I can stand and get behind. I think he has Ben Wallace potential with his athleticism.

WCS is my number two because I think he just fits our team and system perfectly.

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 10:31:12 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
We should take a good look at Robert Upshaw, he's had a few problems with marijuana in college, but sometimes kids do mature out of this crap.
If he could ever be convinced in the error of his ways, he is a good late round choice. 7 feet, very long and strong, he loves protecting the rim and being the man in the middle.

WCS is very up and down, it's obvious that Townes is the more offensive talented of the two, but WCS has a great motor, but doesn't seem to rebound for his size.
I'm thinking the two playing along side of each other is causing the stats of both to suffer a bit.

I like Butler, and honestly never thought of him as a SF, more of a SG, but he does have the size to be a SF.

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 10:44:46 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Harrell is still my number one "want" in this draft. I know he isn't going to be a top ten pick or superstar but I wanted him last year and I want him again this year. I've always disliked undersized Forward/Centers but he is one I can stand and get behind. I think he has Ben Wallace potential with his athleticism.

WCS is my number two because I think he just fits our team and system perfectly.

Yeah Harrell is very intriguing- he's got monstrous gorilla arms that hang to his feet bringing an enormous wingspan at 9 feet.
He's got this mix of KG's intensity and Ben Wallace's strength, whilst his athleticism is somewhere in between.
I do worry about him turning into a bit of a Thomas Robinson in the NBA where he could bully college players and look like a future All Star, but vs NBA size and strength he is a pup against many starting bigs. I would have more confidence in Harrell though because like Wallace, he's known for his strength and power more than anything else.
Very tough to pick with our Clippers pick. Perhaps we'll package them to move up into the top 8.
Anyway, fellow Harrell fan here.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 10:47:18 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
With the backcourt young, talented, and cost controlled for the near future, I would certainly turn my attention to the front court.  Try & upgrade all three positions there.  PF is certainly becoming a concern in light of recent developments.  The C position could certainly be upgraded and they could certainly use a serious upgrade at the 3.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 12:42:33 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I think our SF tandem of Turner and Crowder just may be good enough with both have some upside left.  That's if we can land an elite big man like Cousins or even Embiid.  If we land say only a solid defensive center like Hibbert I would throw a bunch of picks to the Bucks for Parker, and see if they bite.  After all they just traded Knight.

Back to the topic I agree I'm really liking our backcourt.  Thomas is just what we needed there.

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 12:47:17 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
All things being equal I want the C's to draft a Center but very rarely are all things equal.

For example if the C's got the third pick with some luck in the lottery and Okafor/Towns were the first two picks I would go with D'Angelo Russell even though he's a guard. I feel like he's going to be a star and we could always use stars.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 12:50:45 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

So what do you suggest? Something like our 2015 and the Nets 2016 to move up for WCS?