Author Topic: gambling with the red flags  (Read 4536 times)

Re: gambling with the red flags
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 12:02:44 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
guys, unless i am mistaken the title of this thread is not "does sully eggs? yes or no." the thread is asking about players in THIS draft who have red flags due to injury or what ever.

He implied the Sully pick has worked, I do not think it has that well.   We have a flawed player, I am sorry I had to spell that out to you.

I completely understood the redflags.   My second paragraph was about taking a risk with a low pick.

What does" sully eggs" mean can you explain that one to me, do you mean he lays eggs?   Eat eggs?  Typo?

, herzonja is a great offensive player, but he appears to not pay attention on defense, looks disengaged, and is arrogant. but he is a great offensive player. his attitude is a red flag. should ainge gamble on him?

Nope, I would not take any players who do not play D, because we are not close enough to win and be able to hide a player like that.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Mario-Hezonja-6392/

We have different definitions of great offensive players, I do not care for his shooting percentage or shot selection.   Ainge often gambles on guys who can play who are flawed.   Rondo, BBD, Sully are all great examples.

I do not think he will gamble on a red flag medical wise, unless the doctors clear that player.   I also think he is into brain typing and has used it in the past.

http://braintypes.com/
Picking up sully at 21 was a great move

Honestly, who would you rather have at that point in the draft?

I was really high on Draymond Green that draft.  Admittedly, I didn't think Sully would be there at 21, but Green is my I-told-you-so player.  Of course, the prior year I highly advocated for Jujuan Johnson, so I know why Ainge stopped listening to me.