Author Topic: Notorious Trailer  (Read 8923 times)

Notorious Trailer
« on: December 18, 2008, 09:11:37 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Okay. Who else is super stoked for this movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDDv6pAbN_U

Notorious is an upcoming biographical film about the life of hip hop star The Notorious B.I.G., who is played by fellow Brooklynite Jamal Woolard. It will also feature Angela Bassett as his mother Voletta Wallace, Derek Luke as Biggie's manager Sean "Diddy" Combs, and Anthony Mackie as rap rival Tupac Shakur. Other roles include Naturi Naughton as Lil' Kim and Antonique Smith as wife Faith Evans.

The film is currently in post-production and it will hit theaters on January 16, 2009. A teaser trailer was released in late September. An exclusive trailer was played during the BET Hip-Hop Awards showing more of what The Notorious B.I.G. does and more of Tupac's part.

The film has been rated R by the MPAA for pervasive language, some strong sexuality including dialogue, nudity, and for drug content.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Re: Notorious Trailer
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 09:24:16 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i'm super excited about it.

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 09:25:52 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
The Movie will probably be a box office hit, but that doesn't mean it will be good. Looks like it might actually, not suck. That's all I'll give it for now. The guy they picked to play Biggie seems like a great fit,but I'm a bit curious about the rest of the cast. I needed a little bit more convincing, they better have more clips.

TP for the nice find.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 09:27:41 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
The Movie will probably be a box office hit, but that doesn't mean it will be good. Looks like it might actually, not suck. That's all I'll give it for now. The guy they picked to play Biggie seems like a great fit,but I'm a bit curious about the rest of the cast. I needed a little bit more convincing, they better have more clips.

TP for the nice find.

Yeah, the guy that they picked for B.I.G was a perfect fit.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 11:14:35 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
can't wait to take the kids to see it!
Yup

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 12:16:25 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
not trying to sound stupid, but i don't get it...

my perception is that he's a fat rapper who wears gold chains and wants to use his money to get women.  are there any other pieces i'm missing of this must-see story?  ;)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 01:15:14 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

my perception is that he's a fat rapper who wears gold chains and wants to use his money to get women.  are there any other pieces i'm missing of this must-see story?  Wink

That's why you need to go see it.  I am sure there are some stuff in there that tells how the person is special.  I personally don't know much about the background stuff about BIG, but I am curious to see it though.  This movie does have the potential to be a huge bust because of all the hype behind it.  I hope this is an inspirational biography movie like Ray Charles and not a ganster thing( even if i get it to point a name in a bad manner this time sounds innapropiate)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 01:43:01 AM by Edgar »
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 07:58:49 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

my perception is that he's a fat rapper who wears gold chains and wants to use his money to get women.  are there any other pieces i'm missing of this must-see story?  ;)

...he dies ;)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 09:21:04 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I used to live on the same block that Biggie grew up on, so I am really curious to see if my street will be in the movie. As for seeing it, I don't know, looks very rentable, and I love Biggie. Tupac probably has a more interesting life story, I wonder if he will get the biography film treatment next?

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 09:42:10 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
I used to live on the same block that Biggie grew up on, so I am really curious to see if my street will be in the movie. As for seeing it, I don't know, looks very rentable, and I love Biggie. Tupac probably has a more interesting life story, I wonder if he will get the biography film treatment next?

Yeah, Tupac's life seems like a more interesting movie plot. Tupac did have numerous documentaries, though.

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 10:05:05 AM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

my perception is that he's a fat rapper who wears gold chains and wants to use his money to get women.  are there any other pieces i'm missing of this must-see story?  Wink

That's why you need to go see it.  I am sure there are some stuff in there that tells how the person is special.  I personally don't know much about the background stuff about BIG, but I am curious to see it though.  This movie does have the potential to be a huge bust because of all the hype behind it.  I hope this is an inspirational biography movie like Ray Charles and not a ganster thing( even if i get it to point a name in a bad manner this time sounds innapropiate)

No disrespect to anybody, but I have a hard time entertaining the thought that this movie has a chance to be even half the movie that "Ray" was.  A comparison with Get Rich or Die Tryin with 50 Cent I think would be more accurate.
Greg

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 11:05:04 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.

...he dies ;)

thanks...you just saved me a few bucks.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 11:12:44 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas

No disrespect to anybody, but I have a hard time entertaining the thought that this movie has a chance to be even half the movie that "Ray" was.  A comparison with Get Rich or Die Tryin with 50 Cent I think would be more accurate.

I hope it's not similar to "Get rich Or Die Tryin". That movie stinks.

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 11:48:55 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis

TP for the nice find.

The rest of the cast looks great.  derek luke is a pretty good actor,,,he was great in Antwone Fisher and pretty good in Glory Road.  And Anthony Mackie is great up and coming actor. he was awesome in We are Marshall and Half Nelson. Im excited to seem him as Tupac.
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 11:50:27 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
can't wait to take the kids to see it!

Redz, didn't know your kids were straight thugs...  ;D
God bless and good night!