Author Topic: This year's Sam Cassell and PJ Brown for the title run!  (Read 1203 times)

This year's Sam Cassell and PJ Brown for the title run!
« on: January 07, 2019, 06:55:39 PM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Most title teams rely on key crucial contributions in the playoffs from seasoned vets off the bench.

I see Jamal Crawford and Anthony Tolliver as this year's Sam Cassell and PJ Brown...

I love Yabu, i love his energy and his team spirit but for a chance at the Larry O'Brien trophy...

1) I would trade Yabu and Bird for Anthony Tolliver

Giving MIN a nice young PF in exchange for an expiring vet as they look to build up for next year...

This will free up a roster spot for Boston and provide us a savvy vet with Morris like 3pt % for the playoffs.

2) I would sign Jamal Crawford off waiver

I would work the Kyrie - Crawford relationship to lure him to Boston.

Yet again a savvy vet with great ballhandling, passing and shooting. We would keep him fresh for the playoffs and use him in specific situations...

What do you guys think..??
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 07:14:48 PM by drogbagarnett »

Re: This year's Sam Cassell and PJ Brown for the title run!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 07:15:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Most title teams rely on key crucial contributions in the playoffs from seasoned vets off the bench.

I see Jamal Crawford and Anthony Tolliver as this year's Sam Cassell and PJ Brown...

I love Yabu, i love his energy and his team spirit but for a chance at the Larry O'Brien trophy...

1) I would trade Yabu and Bird for Anthony Tolliver

Giving MIN a nice young PF in exchange for an expiring vet as they look to build up for next year...

This will free up a roster spot for Boston and provide us a savvy vet with Morris like 3pt % for the playoffs.

2) I would sign Jamal Crawford off waiver

I would work the Kyrie - Crawford relationship to lure him to Boston.

Yet again a savvy vet with great ballhandling, passing and shooting. We would keep him fresh for the playoffs and use him in specific situations...

What do you guys think..??

Tolliver could be cool if we actually need more shooting. I am not sure what crawford could do for us that would be useful.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 08:57:46 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I went to the same high school as Tolliver did although not at the same time. I remember being at the local YMCA one day when a buddy said 'come watch these guys play basketball'. I asked him if they were going to Missouri State and he said they were still in high school. If memory serves that team won the state title or maybe were runner up and they sent four players to play division one basketball.

Not related to basketball or anything but Kickapoo High School in Springfield Mo. is the school. Brad Pitt the actor also graduated from there as well.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 09:39:37 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Jamal Crawford plays for the Suns and hasn't been and probably wont be waived.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 09:51:19 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Robin Lopez and Derrick Rose!

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 11:28:05 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
In 2008, we needed Cassell and PJ Brown.  We wiped out all of our depth to acquire KG.  Our only backup guards were Eddie House and a still very raw Tony Allen (Gabe Pruitt was after him).  Our backup big men were unproven 2nd year Leon Powe and rookie Big Baby Davis (after them were Scal and Scot Pollard).

In 2019, we don't have enough minutes for all the guys we presently have.  There is no point guard, wing, or big man likely to be bought out that is good enough to take 10 minutes away from Rozier, Baynes, or Theis.  Do we have room for a Trevor Ariza or Enes Kanter on this team?  Maybe if we get hit with an injury.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 12:05:10 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
The suns are about to be elimated from playoffs contention. All Jamal needs to do is knock at its front office door and politely ask for one more playoff run on a contender and his wish shall be granted...

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 12:12:29 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
In 2008, we needed Cassell and PJ Brown.  We wiped out all of our depth to acquire KG.  Our only backup guards were Eddie House and a still very raw Tony Allen (Gabe Pruitt was after him).  Our backup big men were unproven 2nd year Leon Powe and rookie Big Baby Davis (after them were Scal and Scot Pollard).

In 2019, we don't have enough minutes for all the guys we presently have.  There is no point guard, wing, or big man likely to be bought out that is good enough to take 10 minutes away from Rozier, Baynes, or Theis.  Do we have room for a Trevor Ariza or Enes Kanter on this team?  Maybe if we get hit with an injury.
I just cant understand that type of thinking... jeez!
Im saying for situational basketball they will be perfect vets to throw in a tough playoff game on the road at crucial periods of the game...
Or would you rather rely on wannamaker and yabusele to turn to in case of foul troubles or injuries etc...?
Crawford has steedy ballhandling and can be a facilatator who can also can catch fire and be unstoppable from deep.
Tolliver is similar to Morris. Can be a reliable strech 4 to keep the offense productive when morris and al are resting...

For a true contender no question Crawford and Tolliver are more valuable than wannamaker and yabu!! You will have a hard time convincing me otherwise...

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 02:59:17 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text

Im saying for situational basketball they will be perfect vets to throw in a tough playoff game on the road at crucial periods of the game...
Or would you rather rely on wannamaker and yabusele to turn to in case of foul troubles or injuries etc...?
Crawford has steedy ballhandling and can be a facilatator who can also can catch fire and be unstoppable from deep.
Tolliver is similar to Morris. Can be a reliable strech 4 to keep the offense productive when morris and al are resting...

For a true contender no question Crawford and Tolliver are more valuable than wannamaker and yabu!! You will have a hard time convincing me otherwise...

Wannamaker yes, cos he has been seasoned by many years of deep Euroleague playoff runs, Yabusele not so much because he is quite green as a pro basketball player. I mean Theis was able to make positive impact in last year's playoff run and he hasn't has as much pro exposure so I expect by season's end Wannamaker will be fully adjusted and ready to help the cause.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 03:37:54 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Wannamaker yes, cos he has been seasoned by many years of deep Euroleague playoff runs

that is wrong. Wanamaker played just 3 season in the euroleague and only one of them (the last one with Fener) was a real play off run. I doubt he reached the playoffs with Darusafaka and Bamberg

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 09:11:59 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
The suns are about to be elimated from playoffs contention. All Jamal needs to do is knock at its front office door and politely ask for one more playoff run on a contender and his wish shall be granted...

He could, but it wouldn't make sense considering 29 other teams passed on him, and he signed with the Suns knowing their playoff chances were very slim.

Tolliver/Crawford would both be nice, but I don't think either is leaving their team.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 09:25:45 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday

He could, but it wouldn't make sense considering 29 other teams passed on him, and he signed with the Suns knowing their playoff chances were very slim.

Tolliver/Crawford would both be nice, but I don't think either is leaving their team.
Lol! Then no one is ever leaving their team then!! Lol!!
Tolliver i could understand that is why i suggested a trade.
But Crawford would refuse a chance for one last deep playoff run with a title contender...??
The suns are looking at the draft and their future...
He will be picked up after the trade deadline, either by us or someone else...

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 10:12:31 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

I guess I just can't see Jamal Crawford signing here to be a 11th man basically only playing garbage time or if someone gets injured.  I would play Rozier over him in playoffs in almost all circumstances.  I don't care how "veteran" (aka "old") Crawford is... Rozier already has deeper meaningful playoff experience and already a chemistry with the roster.  I would definitely take Tolliver over Yabu and maybe he'd take a 12th man role?  I don't know.  I actually like signing him over Crawford I think.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 10:36:21 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Obviously Josh Smith and Jimmer Fredette.