Author Topic: Jayson Tatum  (Read 7602 times)

Re: Jason Tatum
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2019, 11:34:35 AM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Tatum, Brown, Rozier all need more playing time to develop its that simple.  Can Irving play more off the ball? Starting Rozier Irving Brown Tatum and Horford lets the young guys play more with the safety net of Irving and Horford to take over during lulls of bad offense.  Smart Hayward Morris and Baynes off the bench is solid they should be able to out score anyones bench.

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2019, 11:40:08 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
i love everyone complaining about his pull up mid-range 2's, but it was fine for Avery Bradley... ::)

i do think kobe got in tatum's head though. i was hoping for a jump this yr.(similar to Jaylen last yr.)but expecting more of the same from tatum this season, but he's definitely regressed imo.

but i also still believe had stevens not forced hayward into the starting line up we'd be in a much better position today.

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2019, 11:43:22 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Tatum, Brown, Rozier all need more playing time to develop its that simple.  Can Irving play more off the ball? Starting Rozier Irving Brown Tatum and Horford lets the young guys play more with the safety net of Irving and Horford to take over during lulls of bad offense.  Smart Hayward Morris and Baynes off the bench is solid they should be able to out score anyones bench.
Tatum and Brown are getting plenty of playing time.  Rozier won't be here next season.  Williams is the one who needs more playing time to develop.   

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2019, 12:27:40 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Tatum is fine. I like Tatum's mid range game...he will eventually start hitting those. Too many players settle for bad 3s these days. I would like to see him get stronger with the ball and post up more.

I think Tatum may have tired legs at this point, which is affecting his shot. He's the only starter that hasn't missed any games. Complain all you want but one thing about him is he's always available.

He should be getting the most shots after Kyrie and now that Kyrie AND Morris are out, you want him further down the totem pool for shots taken...no way. His shots should be upwards of 17-20 with Kyrie out. Between 10-15 with Kyrie. I'd like to see him go to FT line much more. He will learn all that though.

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2019, 12:43:08 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I was at last nights game and thought that almost of his shots were open and in rhythm.  He just did not make them but they all looked good.

I will never complain about Tatum taking open shots.

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2019, 01:32:16 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Tatum's problem is that everything he does is to set up his jumpshot. He drives with the intention of pulling up and his finishing around the basket is weak. I hate to say it but he needs more harden and less Kobe in his game. Layup, 3, or foulline.

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2019, 01:57:21 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Tatum needs to get stronger......refs need to give him more calls. If he gets the calls he will go in more for contact shots.bThe problem with the NBA is the number one goal is entertainment. If the refs call all fouls made the game might be unwatchable therefore refs meet before games and discuss these things. Tatum is down the line on the list of Celtics that get foul calls.

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2019, 02:05:43 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I like Tatum but he played selfishly last night unlike his teammates.

He does not move the ball well, often freezing sets trying to dribble create with 10-14 secs left on time clock. That is unacceptable.

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2019, 02:16:31 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Tatum needs to get stronger......refs need to give him more calls. If he gets the calls he will go in more for contact shots.bThe problem with the NBA is the number one goal is entertainment. If the refs call all fouls made the game might be unwatchable therefore refs meet before games and discuss these things. Tatum is down the line on the list of Celtics that get foul calls.
I agree but he needs to earn the calls.  He needs to be aggressive and force the refs to make the calls.  He needs to study the star players to see how they draw fouls. 

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2019, 03:13:40 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I hate to say it but he needs more harden and less Kobe in his game. Layup, 3, or foulline.

He needs to work out with Paul Pierce.

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2019, 03:18:04 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'd agree with those that worry about Tatum becoming a ball-stopper.  He does seem to gather and size up his defender too often, when instead he should have made a quick decision to shoot, pass, or drive.

He's still plenty young enough to fix that, and seems coachable enough that I think it will happen in time.

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2019, 03:26:45 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I hate to say it but he needs more harden and less Kobe in his game. Layup, 3, or foulline.

He needs to work out with Paul Pierce.

I agree.

Its the same idea. He needs someone who can teach him to embrace contact and get to the line. He doesn't have the explosiveness of a Kobe to leave guys in the dust out of the triple threat, but he needs to learn how to punish them once they're on his hip. Pierce was great at it and so is Harden.

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2019, 03:43:17 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I’m looking forward to watching Jason in a C’s uniform myself. Hopefully, he’ll come out of retirement for a special guest appearance.

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2019, 01:20:11 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2019, 01:36:32 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Tatum is playing great.

He does need to learn that killer mentality. Great players need to have that.

I would also like to see him making and taking some of the postups like Brown has been taking. Tatum should be scoring 6-8ppg in the post imo.