Author Topic: Trade Irving for the sake of the team  (Read 54469 times)

Re: Trade Irving for the sake of the team
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2019, 01:14:43 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Everyone plays better. Team defense is better. Hayward actually gets to shoot/make plays.... this team is not built for Irving and vice versa

Trade Irving for multiple 1sts and Jamal Murray or Gary Harris or Buddy Hield or Dennis Smith Jr.

TriBoy - I could not agree more. But then, I am just the annoying guy from Tennessee who forum members think actually hates Kyrie Irving as a human being because I don't think his playing style, or his general self-centered nature, is going to lead us to any titles.

Good Luck with your idea - but you will be bombarded on here for any criticism of Sir Kyrie.

I dont care... I see it as it is

"Team" always comes 1st .... not any ind player.... unless you are Jordan

What is wrong with this team/underachieving is due to one player Irving or group (depends on the fan)....  he will be out for at least a week. Lets see how this team performs and how the underachievers do (like Rozy, Brown, Hayward did tonight)

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2019, 01:18:43 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Not sure how anyone can have that critical a take on Kyrie's defense this year. His effort has been tremendous and he is easily playing the best defense of his career this year. As a whole, he has been a pleasant surprise defensively, imo. Really not bad at all.

Probably true - but this group is like two different teams with Irving and without him ..................... and there is a noticeable difference in defensive effort and offensive ball movement when he does not play, whatever the reason may be.
The ball movement stuff people that don't like Kyrie spout is pure rubbish. During the game a stat came up showing Boston making over 300 passes a game in December, up considerably from November. It resulted in the offense being the highest scoring amount in the league in December. Kyrie missed only one December game while leading the team in assists at 7.2 per game. This season's lack of ball movement was a team thing, earlier this year, not a Kyrie thing.

This will likely be ignored because you provided actual stats that support your argument.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2019, 01:18:44 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
When I saw this thread title, I wondered, 'who posted this, KGLL or Triboy'?

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2019, 01:26:02 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
Everyone plays better. Team defense is better. Hayward actually gets to shoot/make plays.... this team is not built for Irving and vice versa

Trade Irving for multiple 1sts and Jamal Murray or Gary Harris or Buddy Hield or Dennis Smith Jr.

TriBoy - I could not agree more. But then, I am just the annoying guy from Tennessee who forum members think actually hates Kyrie Irving as a human being because I don't think his playing style, or his general self-centered nature, is going to lead us to any titles.

Good Luck with your idea - but you will be bombarded on here for any criticism of Sir Kyrie.
I wish I knew Kyrie on the same personal level that a poster from Tennessee does. The insights into his nature are especially interesting.

Maybe he’s being bombarded because the trade ideas are unrealistic, terrible for our team, and are clearly based off one game that we won against a belen .500 team. But yeah, definitely because we feel obliged to defend a pro athletes ego online.

I base my insights on specific incidents of behavior from Irving.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2019, 01:38:11 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Or maybe the Wolves are a bad team, Mike! What if the Wolves are just a crappy team?!
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2019, 01:39:35 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Do you think we could trade Terry based on one good game?

I think that's be for the good of the team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2019, 01:39:55 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Not sure how anyone can have that critical a take on Kyrie's defense this year. His effort has been tremendous and he is easily playing the best defense of his career this year. As a whole, he has been a pleasant surprise defensively, imo. Really not bad at all.

Probably true - but this group is like two different teams with Irving and without him ..................... and there is a noticeable difference in defensive effort and offensive ball movement when he does not play, whatever the reason may be.
The ball movement stuff people that don't like Kyrie spout is pure rubbish. During the game a stat came up showing Boston making over 300 passes a game in December, up considerably from November. It resulted in the offense being the highest scoring amount in the league in December. Kyrie missed only one December game while leading the team in assists at 7.2 per game. This season's lack of ball movement was a team thing, earlier this year, not a Kyrie thing.

This will likely be ignored because you provided actual stats that support your argument.

Nick also backed up the same with Rondo

Irving passes are one and done usually with little time left on the clock

Where are the 2nd and 3rd passes?

This is what he is not getting... the "eye test" shows the ball is in one players hand (Irving) a good chunk of the game... and team synergy on both ends = low

Vs tonight the passing starts early and at least 2- 3 players get a touch before making baskets (easier ones).  There was almost no "force" shots tonight

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2019, 01:43:17 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
When I saw this thread title, I wondered, 'who posted this, KGLL or Triboy'?

You guessed right and this thread is right

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2019, 01:44:10 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

What is wrong with this team/underachieving is due to one player Irving or group (depends on the fan)....  he will be out for at least a week. Lets see how this team performs and how the underachievers do (like Rozy, Brown, Hayward did tonight)

You mean if manage to beat Dallas and Brooklyn we should trade Kyrie? ::)

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2019, 01:46:50 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

This is what he is not getting... the "eye test" shows the ball is in one players hand (Irving) a good chunk of the game... and team synergy on both ends = low

Vs tonight the passing starts early and at least 2- 3 players get a touch before making baskets (easier ones).  There was almost no "force" shots tonight

Secondary assists are a searchable stat, my friend. Guess who's tied for #1? Kyrie.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2019, 01:47:49 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

You mean if manage to beat Dallas and Brooklyn we should trade Kyrie? ::)

You laugh... but this is the same team that lost to the Suns, Mavs, Hornets

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2019, 01:52:25 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Secondary assists are a searchable stat, my friend. Guess who's tied for #1? Kyrie.

Yes ..right

Kyrie passes to Yabu, who passes it right back to him... then passes it off to another player

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2019, 02:04:14 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
For every "Praise Kyrie Irving" thread, there will be a "trade Kyrie Irving" thread hehehe

Waiting for Kyrie to return to put up 51 points and hear another thread about "Kyrie is the savior. Build around him!"

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2019, 02:17:42 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Bingo. I am glad someone else gets it.
Not to mention that small players tend to get hurt a lot. Such as IT.
It is better to invest in someone like Kawi, than someone like Irving.
WE. DON’T. HAVE. THE. SPACE. TO. SIGN. A. MAX. FA.

We are able to go over the cap to extend him as we have his Bird Rights, but we can’t just do that with any FA. Do you realise why letting him walk for nothing is such a bad move now?

No, it's not. Roll the dice with him this year, and then let him walk. Long term, we will be better off.

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2019, 03:05:32 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Bingo. I am glad someone else gets it.
Not to mention that small players tend to get hurt a lot. Such as IT.
It is better to invest in someone like Kawi, than someone like Irving.
WE. DON’T. HAVE. THE. SPACE. TO. SIGN. A. MAX. FA.

We are able to go over the cap to extend him as we have his Bird Rights, but we can’t just do that with any FA. Do you realise why letting him walk for nothing is such a bad move now?
We actually could have Max space if Horford opts out of his 30M player option and we let him go.  Now the chances of that happening are slim to none.