Author Topic: Finding a better nickname for Williams than ‘time lord’  (Read 10776 times)

Re: Finding a better nickname for Williams than ‘time lord’
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2018, 10:43:01 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Timelord is a bx tag hung by the media for his faulty alarm clock. I think  Lob is what he was called in Texas--he catches the lob pass a foot above the basket and dunks it. He's done it a few times in Boston, but hasn't played enough minutes to tag any labels on the court.

I see from the tweets there are a lot of fans who would like to see him play more minutes. The sportswriters seem to be avoiding the issue, but it's obvious they need somebody of his talents to neutralize those bigs who are killing them in the paint.

« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2019, 08:07:24 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
https://www.celticsblog.com/2019/1/6/18171045/robert-williams-is-still-adjusting-nba-life-couldnt-tell-you-what-day-it-is-boston-celtics-time-lord

This is all kinds of awesome.

a) congrats to Mr Grenham for getting through that without using timelord

b) congrats to Rwill for being an honest dude, and possibly not getting his nose outta joint by the time lord nickname.

TPs all round.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2019, 09:25:45 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
https://www.celticsblog.com/2019/1/6/18171045/robert-williams-is-still-adjusting-nba-life-couldnt-tell-you-what-day-it-is-boston-celtics-time-lord

b) congrats to Rwill for being an honest dude, and possibly not getting his nose outta joint by the time lord nickname.

TPs all round.

He definitely has the right attitude, and had cut out a role for himself before the injury.
Yup

« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2019, 01:54:49 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

TPs all round.

He definitely has the right attitude, and had cut out a role for himself before the injury.

I really hope to see him embrace this ridiculous nickname. Start dropping little easter eggs in press conferences. Some quote like,

"yeah, sometimes it looks like I'm late to the contest, but I make up time real quick, my timing gets me in a position to block a lot of shots"
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.