Author Topic: Rumor: Celtics now want both DeMarcus Cousins and Ty Lawson  (Read 8356 times)

Re: Rumor: Celtics now want both DeMarcus Cousins and Ty Lawson
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2015, 07:44:58 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I get why we'd go after Cousins, but Lawson, dosen't make much sense. If we didn't have Smart and IT yeah, but unless there is something about Smart that they don't like that we don't see, and IT is demanding to be a starter, I'm not sure moving them for Lawson would be an upgrade. You losse defense by moving smart, and IT scores more getting payed almost half of what Lawson gets payed, which hurts flexability.

I just can't see Cousins coming here though. Unless DA has something on some one in the head office, teams like NY and LA could give up better packages for him. Not that DA will not try knowing this.

Re: Rumor: Celtics now want both DeMarcus Cousins and Ty Lawson
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2015, 11:39:10 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'm so perplexed as to why we are so wed to Smart. I've asked multiple times what his upside is, and no one has responded. I love his energy, personality, etc... but he doesn't appear talented enough to be a factor on the offense end in this league. He just doesn't. And even if someone far more knowledgeable than I thought so, would it still be worth hanging onto him for dear life when other options could be available? You ship what you have to improve... and it appears he is what would be most coveted (thought I even doubt that among most NBA teams)

I love Smart and he is already helping create a new culture for our team, but if he is the big asset Sac demands in a trade for Cousins, we really don't have any choice but to ship him out.