Author Topic: Bucks (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) Game 7 4/28/18  (Read 59216 times)

Re: Bucks (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) Game 7 4/28/18
« Reply #1245 on: April 29, 2018, 01:20:03 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Who on the 76's has the NBA officials anointed superstar?
Simmons and Embiid.  bank on it.

Eh, Embiid has gained some officiating favor, but he's also young and hasn't developed that much respect from the refs yet compared to someone like Giannis. I don't think Simmons has developed that much officiating favor yet either. I think we'll see less of that against Philly than we did this series with Giannis.

Simmons can't shoot, we can contain him. We just can't let guys like Redick, Belinelli and Ilyasova kill us.

And that's exactly what is going to happen. Just like Brogdon, Middleton and an occasional Parker...I bet Ilyasova and Belinelli will have career nights against the Celtics like how most opposing no-namers do lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1246 on: April 29, 2018, 01:29:44 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/status/990436519981830144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fmilwaukee-bucks&tfw_site=bleacherreport

Giannis Antetokounmpo: "We thought we were the better team. Unfortunately we can't move to the second round. It was a good series, but I think we're the better team."

Is it just me, or is this a fairly ignorant and dumb comment by Giannis given that (a) we beat them fair and square over a seven game series, but more importantly (b) they were virtually completely healthy while we were missing our two best players, a solid rotation big, and our best defender for the first four games?

Honestly Giannis is an idiot if he still thinks the bucks were the better team.  We were missing two all stars, a rotation big, our best defender for most of the series, and our leading scorer for half of game 7 and they still couldn't beat us.  At this point he needs to grow the f up and just tip the hat to the team that pounded him in game 7.  What a bozo.

« Reply #1247 on: April 29, 2018, 01:31:27 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Eh, Embiid has gained some officiating favor, but he's also young and hasn't developed that much respect from the refs yet compared to someone like Giannis. I don't think Simmons has developed that much officiating favor yet either. I think we'll see less of that against Philly than we did this series with Giannis.

Simmons can't shoot, we can contain him. We just can't let guys like Redick, Belinelli and Ilyasova kill us.

And that's exactly what is going to happen. Just like Brogdon, Middleton and an occasional Parker...I bet Ilyasova and Belinelli will have career nights against the Celtics like how most opposing no-namers do lol.

Yeah, I can see it already Redick and Belinelli especially we need to really hound all over the court.  Now that smart is back it really helps.  We have Terry, Brown, Smart to chase those guys around. 

« Reply #1248 on: April 29, 2018, 03:10:48 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Sounds like 2nd round panic has settled in quickly

« Reply #1249 on: April 29, 2018, 03:11:43 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
This team is so long and athletic, such great anticipation and energy. Physically they just will their way to victory. Kudos to Ainge who knows you can't have soft players on playoff teams. An dkudos to Brad too for the culture he's established.

If our scorers are healthy/improved next year it's going to be very interesting.

« Reply #1250 on: April 29, 2018, 03:13:20 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Watched the game, missed the thread. TP's for all the Faithful!!!!!

« Reply #1251 on: April 29, 2018, 03:27:14 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Man, do I LOVE this team !! So much pride and effort, our defense was awesome tonight and we kept hitting the timely shots that prevented any Bucks real comeback. I was right on the money (for a change aha) by hoping we would be up around 15+ points for most of the game.

And to do it without Jaylen Brown in the 2nd half... wow. I hope his hamstring is OK and the MRI turns out good.

Awesome game by Al and Rozier, but really by everyone, including Morris and Larkin ! Tatum was great, clearly not afraid of the moment ! Bring on Philly 8)

« Reply #1252 on: April 29, 2018, 06:46:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sounds like 2nd round panic has settled in quickly

Agree, but panic is often the order of the day here.  My son and I were talking yesterday, and we both bleed Green and I said to him.  "Win or lose, we've had one heck of the season especially if one reflects on all the adversity this team has had to deal with and overcome."

Go Celtics, Let's send those Sixer blokes home!

« Reply #1253 on: April 29, 2018, 07:43:55 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Monroe didn't play. Was he too slow for the Bucks?
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #1254 on: April 29, 2018, 07:45:48 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/status/990436519981830144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fmilwaukee-bucks&tfw_site=bleacherreport

Giannis Antetokounmpo: "We thought we were the better team. Unfortunately we can't move to the second round. It was a good series, but I think we're the better team."

Is it just me, or is this a fairly ignorant and dumb comment by Giannis given that (a) we beat them fair and square over a seven game series, but more importantly (b) they were virtually completely healthy while we were missing our two best players, a solid rotation big, and our best defender for the first four games?

Honestly Giannis is an idiot if he still thinks the bucks were the better team.  We were missing two all stars, a rotation big, our best defender for most of the series, and our leading scorer for half of game 7 and they still couldn't beat us.  At this point he needs to grow the f up and just tip the hat to the team that pounded him in game 7.  What a bozo.
I honestly do not understand players who continue to belittle their opponents after they beat you.  It is better to give them credit because you simultaneously prop up your own team.  Getting beat by a ‘lesser team’ doesn't say much about yourself.

« Reply #1255 on: April 29, 2018, 07:54:53 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Monroe didn't play. Was he too slow for the Bucks?
They stopped playing their true bigs (Zeller and Henson) and were basically only playing Maker. I think that's the main reason. Against Philly, with Embiid, Amir and Holmes I see Moose getting a lot more mins
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1256 on: April 29, 2018, 08:02:58 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

I honestly do not understand players who continue to belittle their opponents after they beat you.  It is better to give them credit because you simultaneously prop up your own team.  Getting beat by a ‘lesser team’ doesn't say much about yourself.

Giannis is  young and learning.   But in truth, Bucks absolutely were the more talented team.  It's got to be embarrassing to lose to a team that has had to play the series so dramatically short-handed.  C's pulled this off with reserves Morris, Rozier, Ojeleye, and Larkin playing key roles, and with a 20 yo rookie and 21 yo sophomore leading the team.  Can't forget Al's leadership and performance, or Smart's impact in Games 5 and 7 -- but overall this team should never have beaten a legit playoff team.  Giannis' shame comes out as blame.  Bucks were humiliated.

« Reply #1257 on: April 29, 2018, 08:03:10 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
They deserved the win, after playing with out your best weapons for major time .   Going to round two was a truely team effort for Boston.

If Brown can play ,  Boston should give Philly a decent fight.

« Reply #1258 on: April 29, 2018, 09:22:54 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Yeah, I can see it already Redick and Belinelli especially we need to really hound all over the court.  Now that smart is back it really helps.  We have Terry, Brown, Smart to chase those guys around.

Yeah, we have to be all over them all the time. I think Larkin will be pretty effective as well in this series.

« Reply #1259 on: April 29, 2018, 11:28:30 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

In fairness he was probably talking about how their fully healthy roster was a better team than our depleted one.

Though I agree with everyone else in this thread. Why even bother saying this when you were outplayed and defeated fair and square.