Author Topic: Which Bigs Do You Like in this Draft?  (Read 22544 times)

Re: Which Bigs Do You Like in this Draft?
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2019, 01:03:04 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Danny will draft 3 guards
I expect one of the picks gets traded as Woj and Himmelsbach have both suggested it. If we do keep all 3 picks I would be happy with 3 guards. We are really thin at guard right now  and the NBA is a perimeter game.
agreed, would be surprised if Danny doesn't trade at least 1 of the picks with Yabu for a vet off the bench or for a future first. 

going into the draft, I figure Danny will do what he usually does and take BPA regardless of position.    hopefully that's not a wing at the time the remaining picks come up.   With AD off the board, I'm far more interested in seeing how that Memphis pick turns out in the next year or two since it's unlikely to go anywhere now.
I'd like to see Danny offer one of the picks + Yabu to Denver for Monte Morris.  He'd be a nice bench guard.

« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2019, 09:39:03 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Seems like this thread has suddenly gained more relevance with Al Horford departing.

Do we try to move up a couple of spots to get Jaxson Hayes, who has a lot of upside? Or is he too redundant of Robert Williams?

Goga Bitadze?  Seems to have good skills, decent athleticism, great motor, and 19 with room to improve.

Kabengele is more of a power forward, but could probably play 4/5.  We frankly could use a power forward.

I think Jontay Porter will be a great successor to Horford, but is recovering from knee surgery (2nd) and probably can be gotten with 2nd round pick.

Bol not a center, but his upside is off the charts and may be worth a gamble with one of our picks.

Bruno Fernando? Not a fan, but others are.

Daniel Gafford?

« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2019, 09:43:14 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I'm going in on Grant Williams to become Horford 2.0.

Grant Williams: Tennessee ran its offense through the junior forward, who averaged 18.8 points on 56.4 percent shooting and 3.2 assists per game. His size (6-foot-8 and 240 pounds) means that he won’t be able to play in the post in the NBA as much as he did in college, but he has the skill set to transition into more of a secondary role on the perimeter. Williams could thrive making plays as the roll man in the two-man game, much like Draymond Green.

Rebounds well, shot FT at 82% in college, which is the best indicator he could space out to NBA 3 range, 1.1 steals and 1.5 blocks. I think he'll turn into an excellent stretch 4, team defense, offensive facilitator role, like Horford.