Author Topic: Dwight Howard looks good  (Read 6203 times)

Re: Dwight Howard looks good
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2020, 12:32:03 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Do people want to change their takes on Howard after a half a season coming off the bench? I think he would be an ideal fit for us right now. Also haven't heard a peep about him being bad character on lakers.

To be honest though, LeBron led teams generally are cognizant of their roles and understanding where they stand in the roster spots/rotation, so there's far less variance  regarding locker room problems.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2020, 12:44:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
 :(
Do people want to change their takes on Howard after a half a season coming off the bench? I think he would be an ideal fit for us right now. Also haven't heard a peep about him being bad character on lakers.

To be honest though, LeBron led teams generally are cognizant of their roles and understanding where they stand in the roster spots/rotation, so there's far less variance  regarding locker room problems.

Umm what? The Rose/Wade/Lebron/IT Cleveland squad had some of the worst chemistry of any team in the last 10-15 years...

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2020, 12:57:51 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

I think guys like Howard only work in very certain situations.  Basically the guy wants to be and thinks he's an alpha, but only respects and therefore can only be kept in line by a couple of people he views ahead of him.

So LeBron, with AD, can keep him in line.  Howard can accept not being the man there.  I think on most other teams, Howard might expect a bigger role and be more of a problem.

Kinda like how Jordan was able to keep Rodman in line.

I just think certain headcases can only really work in a few situations, and this is the one Howard works in.  I have my doubts that Howard would look as good and functional on most other teams.  In Boston, he'd probably see the hole at Center, and think he should be getting a lot more minutes and touches, thus becoming more of a problem.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2020, 02:30:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

I think guys like Howard only work in very certain situations.  Basically the guy wants to be and thinks he's an alpha, but only respects and therefore can only be kept in line by a couple of people he views ahead of him.

So LeBron, with AD, can keep him in line.  Howard can accept not being the man there.  I think on most other teams, Howard might expect a bigger role and be more of a problem.

I just think certain headcases can only really work in a few situations, and this is the one Howard works in.  I have my doubts that Howard would look as good and functional on most other teams.  In Boston, he'd probably see the hole at Center, and think he should be getting a lot more minutes and touches, thus becoming more of a problem.

This could be true, but I do think he respects Walker and it seems like we have an incredible locker room. He also has a lot less leeway to pull any stuff because he was on a non-guaranteed minimum contract. Its hard to argue how great you are as a 34 year old that can be cut at any time. I understand Danny not wanting to take any chances after the disaster of last year's lockerroom. But i do think it is fair to think there is a good chance it would have worked here in retrospect.

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2020, 04:22:35 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

I think he would be perfect as a starting Center for Boston, while Kanter comes off the bench for him.

Walker/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Howard. Replicate the 2009 Orlando Magic and you got four guys who can shoot from the perimeter, and let Howard be the rim killer.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2020, 04:50:51 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

:(

Umm what? The Rose/Wade/Lebron/IT Cleveland squad had some of the worst chemistry of any team in the last 10-15 years...

Basically said what I was going to.

Only exception or outlier is Irving, considering the fact at the age of 24 and winning a championship, didn't want to play alongside one of the greatest players of all time.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different