Author Topic: Charlotte-Boston trade idea  (Read 1703 times)

Charlotte-Boston trade idea
« on: July 25, 2021, 08:03:14 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I was talking with a Charlotte fan online about this, and they were pretty keen on it. Curious what people's thoughts here would be.

Boston trades: Rob Williams

Charlotte trades: PJ Washington

Charlotte gets a rim-running big which they so desperately need, Boston gets a 4 with a versatile skill-set. Suits both teams from an age-profile standpoint, and seems to be an improvement in terms of roster construction. Boston has Horford, TT, Williams and Brown, as well as Grant, who all at this stage are probably best at the 5, whereas Charlotte has Hayward, Bridges, Washington, McDaniels and the Martin twins. There seems to be an impasse with the Washington v Bridges debate - neither are better than Hayward, both are best suited to playing the 4, not particularly compatible skill-sets.

Would people do this trade? Is it unbalanced one way or the other?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Re: Charlotte-Boston trade idea
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 08:09:18 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I was talking with a Charlotte fan online about this, and they were pretty keen on it. Curious what people's thoughts here would be.

Charlotte gets a rim-running big which they so desperately need, Boston gets a 4 with a versatile skill-set. Suits both teams from an age-profile standpoint, and seems to be an improvement in terms of roster construction. Boston has Horford, TT, Williams and Brown, as well as Grant, who all at this stage are probably best at the 5, whereas Charlotte has Hayward, Bridges, Washington, McDaniels and the Martin twins. There seems to be an impasse with the Washington v Bridges debate - neither are better than Hayward, both are best suited to playing the 4, not particularly compatible skill-sets.

I'd hate to give up TIMELORD but it's a good trade.

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 08:30:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Is PJ Washington any good?

He always seems pretty nondescript / mediocre / lacking in above average skills whenever I have seen  him.

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 04:16:55 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Is PJ Washington any good?

He always seems pretty nondescript / mediocre / lacking in above average skills whenever I have seen  him.
I like him. Good shooter from three, decent passer, versatile defender. He's a sort of jack of all trades, master of none. But he's reliable - consistent on both ends, and has been fairly healthy. He'd be a really good third forward for us I believe.

I also have no faith in Timelord's health!

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 05:05:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would rather ditch Thompson off to them than Timelord.  They do need a big.  Timelord if healthy, and that is a big if, can really impact games.  Now this does not work out salary wise so you would have to add some more on their end

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 06:34:49 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

TP for an interesting idea! I have soured a bit on Washington since his rookie season, but at the same time I'm lower on Timelord than most of you guys are. I'd probably pull the trigger. Most importantly, it seems like an intriguing possibility for both teams. Not an easy thing to come up with a win-win trade idea.

Charlotte needs a long term solution at Center. What did their fan tell you about Washington? Are they keen to move him or would they consider it cause they like Timelord?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 06:46:08 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 09:55:35 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Clever trade proposal. I'd vote no, because I continue to have very high hopes for  Rob's emergence this coming season.  PJ would be a great fit for us at the 4. 

Sure wish we could entice Hornets with Tristan and protected pick, but doubt they would bite. 

Time Lord and Melo together would make ESPN highlights every night, and I just couldn't live with that!

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 10:00:26 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

I would make that trade with zero hesitation. Washington would fill a need as the starting 4/small ball 5. I also would feel comfortable retaining TT and running him as an equal min backup to Al with Moses getting minutes on AL test days.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 10:07:41 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I like Washington.

I like Rob Williams more.

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 10:51:46 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
If I knew Rob was going to be healthy I’d say no every day and twice on Sunday. His ceiling is too high.

Unfortunately my crystal ball is broken and I worry a lot that he won’t be able to play when we need him - like last year. Unless the medicals tell a much different story than we’ve seen so far, Rob incomes with a lot of risk and makes this a much more even call.

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2021, 05:34:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

TP for an interesting idea! I have soured a bit on Washington since his rookie season, but at the same time I'm lower on Timelord than most of you guys are. I'd probably pull the trigger. Most importantly, it seems like an intriguing possibility for both teams. Not an easy thing to come up with a win-win trade idea.

Charlotte needs a long term solution at Center. What did their fan tell you about Washington? Are they keen to move him or would they consider it cause they like Timelord?
The guy I was talking to likes TimeLord, especially the idea of Timelord being fed by Ball.

But he also compared Hayward, Bridges & Washington to Philly’s big man situation of years ago. Believes at least one needs to go.