Author Topic: Westbrook 1st 25-10-20 game (Magic '88), Durant 7th straight 25-10-5 game (Bird)  (Read 769 times)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Thunder duo doing things that haven't been done in over 25 years.  In fact since the merger only Bird and Durant have had 7 straight games of 25-10-5, Bird got his in the 81-82 season so it has been almost 35 years.  Jordan did it 6 straight times in 88-89.   
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
They've also lost something like 6 of the last 10.  But hurray, points and triple doubles.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
They've also lost something like 6 of the last 10.  But hurray, points and triple doubles.
To be fair, Westbrook's and Durant's stats last night(20-10-20 and 30-10-5 games respectively) were against a great LAC team in a win. That's impressive stuff.

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yup.  4-6 in their last 10.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
To be fair, Westbrook's and Durant's stats last night(20-10-20 and 30-10-5 games respectively) were against a great LAC team in a win. That's impressive stuff.

I will say they've had a tough stretch lately.  However, they're are relying extremely heavily on those two right now. 

You have to wonder what they'll be like in the playoffs this year.  Really nothing would surprise me with them. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

I will say they've had a tough stretch lately.  However, they're are relying extremely heavily on those two right now. 

You have to wonder what they'll be like in the playoffs this year.  Really nothing would surprise me with them.

I think the same as always.  You aren't going to win with two guys and so little contributed from the other guys.  Same problem as always with them.  They only made the Finals when they had three guys really humming and even then it wasn't enough.  I like Ibaka but otherwise not a fan of their other players.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Hard to compete against teams like SA and GS who have so much depth when your bench sucks.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Can you imagine the real Magic and Larry on the same team? 65+ wins, even with average teammates.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

Can you imagine the real Magic and Larry on the same team? 65+ wins, even with average teammates.

Scariest thing is that they still might only be the 3rd best team out West.