Author Topic: Lakers (27-27) at Celtics (35-19) Game #55 2/7/19  (Read 57290 times)

Re: Lakers (27-27) at Celtics (35-19) Game #55 2/7/19
« Reply #930 on: February 07, 2019, 11:04:31 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Rondo with some kind words for Danny and the Celtics organization on TNT after the game. AD's dad should ask Rondo and IT what they both think of the Celtics organization before trashing it. Both of those guys still love the Celtics.

No, no, no. We're hoping he blows his knee out, apparently.

Knees...plural...both. At least be accurate in your attempt to troll.

I thought you didn't care what I thought? And is it trolling if I just repeat what YOU said?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #931 on: February 07, 2019, 11:05:19 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Rondo with some kind words for Danny and the Celtics organization on TNT after the game. AD's dad should ask Rondo and IT what they both think of the Celtics organization before trashing it. Both of those guys still love the Celtics.

I thought you didn't care what I thought?
Rofl
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #932 on: February 07, 2019, 11:05:24 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I thought you didn't care what I thought?

I don't...but at least be accurate.

« Reply #933 on: February 07, 2019, 11:05:51 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Rondo, when asked on TNT what he thinks when he plays in Boston: "Home, where it all started. Danny believed in me from Day 1, and my career probably wouldn't be the same if I went anywhere else."
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #934 on: February 07, 2019, 11:08:19 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Rondo, when asked on TNT what he thinks when he plays in Boston: "Home, where it all started. Danny believed in me from Day 1, and my career probably wouldn't be the same if I went anywhere else."

Smh. This guy is friends with AD and fans are hoping he blows his knees out. Golly gee. Why would AD want to play anywhere else?
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #935 on: February 07, 2019, 11:09:54 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
More than 3P shots, we lost the game because of the pathetic rebounding time after time . So f frustrating...

Boston allowed 6 offensive rebounds in the first quarter. Pitiful.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #936 on: February 07, 2019, 11:14:20 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
  • B's Up
This team did a lot of standing around watching loose balls, rebounds where the Lakers got them and scored off of them.

Now we have to hear about how great James is and how these Lakers are mentally strong and how they are going to get on a run.
I think the only 50/50 ball we got all game was that Tatum save in the corner lol. For a team that usually prides itself on hustle, they lacked a lot of hustle out there tonight. Defensive rotations were out of wack most of the game leaving a lot of wide open 3s for the lakers and on offense they rushed a lot of 3s.

I think if baynes was out there it might be been the difference. Oh well I guess we will have to go into staples and steal 1 back
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #937 on: February 07, 2019, 11:14:36 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
As for Brad Stevens, I'm about done with him. He looks like he's only good for a rebuilding team. Get a new coach who can work with this core.

And you can bet the Pelicans were watching this game. They might reconsider Ainge's package and want the Lakers' package instead after tonight's game. Kyle Kuzma destroyed almost every Celtics players out there.

others may attack you for this but I will not. beyond frustrating when brad allows this team FOR YEARS to do the same stupid crap over and over and over and over. it is indefensible. i will leave it at that.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #938 on: February 07, 2019, 11:16:08 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

Smh. This guy is friends with AD and fans are hoping he blows his knees out. Golly gee. Why would AD want to play anywhere else?

i am sure AD is reading this board. get over it.  jesus
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #939 on: February 07, 2019, 11:18:10 PM »

• Satch Sanders
The Lakers shot 22-41 from deep and won a last second Rondo jumper.

What're ya gonna do about that?

Just shake your head and move on.

Not blowing an 18 point lead in the second quarter by playing lazy ball and making incompetent coaching decisions would be a good start.  ;)

Yeah, this team (and we fans) have had to "just move on" a few too many times already this season, and there's still a ways to go. Freakin pathetic play from Boston.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #940 on: February 07, 2019, 11:19:15 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He doesn't have to read this board but you're in denial if you don't think Boston has a certain kind of rep. Doesn't help when fans actively reinforce the worst stereotypes.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #941 on: February 07, 2019, 11:21:20 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

He doesn't have to read this board but you're in denial if you don't think Boston has a certain kind of rep. Doesn't help when fans actively reinforce the worst stereotypes.
They're always incredibly vocal about it too.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #942 on: February 07, 2019, 11:23:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Oh well.  We'll beat them in LA. 

They might make more free throws next time, but they won't make nearly as many 3's.

No they won't. They're getting swept by LA lol. They couldn't even put them away at the Garden with an 18 point lead what makes you think they'll beat them at Staples Center ugh. Plus the Celtics aren't even a good road team.

We're going to play better post All Star Break as we always do.  The Lakers had a fluke game today.  It's basketball.  Large leads evaporate all the time in the NBA, everyone who watches basketball knows that.

We will win in LA.

I'm tired of hearing that they are going to play better after Christmas...after the All Star Break...when the playoff get going.

This team is flawed.
Every team is flawed. Every team has bad games. No team ever won every game in the season and playoffs. We lost 8 playoff games last year yet had a trenendous playoff season.

This team has tons of room for improvement. That makes me feel good because I would rather have a great team going through a bad loss than a bad team falling short of a great win.

The Celtics have won more games since Thanksgiving than anyone else. Great teams learn from games like this then put it behind them and concentrate on being great again. As a player, it's best to have no short term memory after losses and awful shooting nights.

« Reply #943 on: February 07, 2019, 11:36:03 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Oh well.  We'll beat them in LA. 

They might make more free throws next time, but they won't make nearly as many 3's.

No they won't. They're getting swept by LA lol. They couldn't even put them away at the Garden with an 18 point lead what makes you think they'll beat them at Staples Center ugh. Plus the Celtics aren't even a good road team.

We're going to play better post All Star Break as we always do.  The Lakers had a fluke game today.  It's basketball.  Large leads evaporate all the time in the NBA, everyone who watches basketball knows that.

We will win in LA.

I'm tired of hearing that they are going to play better after Christmas...after the All Star Break...when the playoff get going.

This team is flawed.
Every team is flawed. Every team has bad games. No team ever won every game in the season and playoffs. We lost 8 playoff games last year yet had a trenendous playoff season.

This team has tons of room for improvement. That makes me feel good because I would rather have a great team going through a bad loss than a bad team falling short of a great win.

The Celtics have won more games since Thanksgiving than anyone else. Great teams learn from games like this then put it behind them and concentrate on being great again. As a player, it's best to have no short term memory after losses and awful shooting nights.

But it's the Lakers, Nick—THE LAKERS.

Everything you wrote makes complete sense, but this was a gut punch. Especially for people like me who live in L.A. and have to hear about this at work tomorrow from all the Lakers fans.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #944 on: February 07, 2019, 11:50:55 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yeah, this loss hurts but life goes on.

Onto the next game.

I won't feel so good though if we enter the playoffs with the 4 seed and don't have home court in the 2nd round.

We need the 3 seed at the very least.