Would u make the trade

Yes
5 (8.8%)
No
51 (89.5%)
Yes, with One first instead.
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Poll: Horford+Rozier, Two firsts for Drummond  (Read 4974 times)

Re: Poll: Horford+Rozier, Two firsts for Drummond
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Horford just brings way too much to the table. Drummond is a guy who is really good at what he does best, which is rebound, but he’s a fairly limited player outside of that. Horford literally does everything on the floor: he can pass, shoot, and defend both individually and as a help defender. On a team like this you need a jack of all trades guy like Al, who can be effective on both ends without getting a ton of shots. Even to drastically improve in rebounding wouldn’t be worth it based on everything else we would lose going from Horford to Drummond.

You say he's one dimensional. But he's avg 18 PPG to Al's 12 ppg. He's avg almost 10 RPG more than Al.

And the last poster thinking 2 picks is too much. I don't. Keep the Kings pick Give the Celtics pick and either Memphis or Clipps pick.

Drummond is 7 years younger! He would be our franchise big through the title runs. Why is this hard to understand that it's a positive move for the e franchise for years to come.

I love bug Al, but this is a win for the Celtics.

This is a pretty bad take and screams as to someone that doesn't really watch Drummond, but relies on stats. It's the same type of thinking that would lead someone to believe Whiteside is better than what he is.

Drummond refuses to defend opposing shooting bigs and doesn't want to be on the perimeter defending guards because all he wants to do is grab rebounds. I've seen him numerous times steal rebounds from teammates, especially Blake, because he's out there padding stats. He's a player that hasn't really improved at all from his second season. He's still a bad shooter, terrible FT shooter (which will make him unplayable during crunch time), weak defender vs the PNR, high turnover guy (2.4 TO's vs 1.2 APG), will disappear from game-to-game/minute-to-minute, and plays with low energy.

Scalabrine said during on NBA Radio (paraphrasing) .... Drummond is, and always has been a player that doesn't play winning basketball. He doesn't step up in big moments and he shies away from physicality (Baynes, Embiid, etc.).

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2018, 05:21:21 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Almost 89% says no, bad trade indeed.

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2018, 05:43:24 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Almost 89% says no, bad trade indeed.

its not bad, its horrible. You cannot trade a guy who makes life hard for Joel Embiid for the guy that Embiid clown and destroy regularly.

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2018, 05:49:33 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Horford just brings way too much to the table. Drummond is a guy who is really good at what he does best, which is rebound, but he’s a fairly limited player outside of that. Horford literally does everything on the floor: he can pass, shoot, and defend both individually and as a help defender. On a team like this you need a jack of all trades guy like Al, who can be effective on both ends without getting a ton of shots. Even to drastically improve in rebounding wouldn’t be worth it based on everything else we would lose going from Horford to Drummond.

You say he's one dimensional. But he's avg 18 PPG to Al's 12 ppg. He's avg almost 10 RPG more than Al.

And the last poster thinking 2 picks is too much. I don't. Keep the Kings pick Give the Celtics pick and either Memphis or Clipps pick.

Drummond is 7 years younger! He would be our franchise big through the title runs. Why is this hard to understand that it's a positive move for the e franchise for years to come.

I love bug Al, but this is a win for the Celtics.

This is a pretty bad take and screams as to someone that doesn't really watch Drummond, but relies on stats. It's the same type of thinking that would lead someone to believe Whiteside is better than what he is.

Drummond refuses to defend opposing shooting bigs and doesn't want to be on the perimeter defending guards because all he wants to do is grab rebounds. I've seen him numerous times steal rebounds from teammates, especially Blake, because he's out there padding stats. He's a player that hasn't really improved at all from his second season. He's still a bad shooter, terrible FT shooter (which will make him unplayable during crunch time), weak defender vs the PNR, high turnover guy (2.4 TO's vs 1.2 APG), will disappear from game-to-game/minute-to-minute, and plays with low energy.

Scalabrine said during on NBA Radio (paraphrasing) .... Drummond is, and always has been a player that doesn't play winning basketball. He doesn't step up in big moments and he shies away from physicality (Baynes, Embiid, etc.).

This seems a little harsh. He has significantly improved his foul shooting from 37% (which was insane) to 60% last year (down a bit so far to 52%). He has also extended his range a bit. I don't think he is as terrible as some make him out to be, but i agree he has some flaws.

This talks about some of his improvements:

https://www.nba.com/pistons/features/drummonds-career-numbers-pushed-forward-major-step-consistency