Author Topic: Sullinger's Weight as of 2-20-16  (Read 8028 times)

Re: Sullinger's Weight as of 2-20-16
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2016, 09:47:57 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
His conditioning isn't perfect, but he's pretty much our best advanced statistical player this year.
If he could ever hit the 3 ball and shoot 85%+ from the line he'd be in All Star territory like a poor man's Kevin Love.

Right now it appears he won't ever reach that level and it's such a shame.

I will say he doesn't appear that much bigger to me.

Conditioning doesn't seem to be a factor in most games. ie Denver tonight- he killed it in the high altitude.
In 23 minutes he was 16-11 in Denver. Wow not bad for a fat guy.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2016, 09:58:05 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
His conditioning isn't perfect, but he's pretty much our best advanced statistical player this year.
If he could ever hit the 3 ball and shoot 85%+ from the line he'd be in All Star territory like a poor man's Kevin Love.

Right now it appears he won't ever reach that level and it's such a shame.

I will say he doesn't appear that much bigger to me.

Conditioning doesn't seem to be a factor in most games. ie Denver tonight- he killed it in the high altitude.
In 23 minutes he was 16-11 in Denver. Wow not bad for a fat guy.
I agree. Its a massive assumption, IMHO, to state definitively that Sully has gained weight since the season began. Could he have? I guess, but it doesn't look it to me. He is a big guy who has an unathletic looking body shape.

I am not foolish enough to believe that Sully couldn't be in better physical condition, but I just do not see that he has gained some large amount of weight since the season began.

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2016, 10:09:07 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
He looks bigger every game. Not in a good way.

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2016, 10:29:27 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

When he looked like this

Folks said that if he could lose 10-15 pounds he'd be really really good.

He's more spanx now, than man.

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2016, 11:14:53 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Then again, how long will it takes for Sully to get injured again?
I'm surprised he doesn't have back spasm or feet problem at this time of the year.
He already let his teammates down last season in a very important time, apparently he doesn't care much to repeat it again this year.

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2016, 11:28:45 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Then again, how long will it takes for Sully to get injured again?
I'm surprised he doesn't have back spasm or feet problem at this time of the year.
He already let his teammates down last season in a very important time, apparently he doesn't care much to repeat it again this year.

Not to get into the vs. debate I'm not caring for, but Sullinger's health (injury proneness) keeps getting brought up as a detractor for him, yet never seems mentioned for Olynyk. Yet it's Olynyk who right now seems like he'll be missing an extended range of time... again...

In the same span of years, Olynyk and Sullinger have missed virtually the same amount of games. Sullinger's problem though is that some of it is auto-inflicted, but the result is so far the same between the two.

Not to detract from the argument that it IS a concern, but I wish the same criteria for drawing an opinion was used equally among our players.

So far he's the big in our team who's played the most games. Plenty of time left in the season for that to change though.

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2016, 02:20:41 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
Most people calling out Sully for being fat, including myself, acknowledge that he is a natural. However, one would have to be blind to think he is anything special. The only reason he is still on the team is because Danny couldn't find a trading partner or a trade that made sense. We need Sully this year for right now in the same way we needed Jordan Crawford. You still have to play the games.