Author Topic: Former Red Sox Freddy Sanchez traded to the Giants  (Read 2456 times)

Former Red Sox Freddy Sanchez traded to the Giants
« on: July 29, 2009, 10:03:11 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4364832&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

I wonder if we couldn't have put something together to get him, assuming he can play some SS.

Re: Former Red Sox Freddy Sanchez traded to the Giants
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 10:36:43 PM »

Offline oldmanspeaks

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 70
I watch a lot of the Pirate games. Sanchez now has a bad knee and limited range. He can only play 2nd or possibly third. He is still a very good guy to bat #2 in the lineup however. Pittsburgh next year will be playing 18 players at the minimum salary and possibly only 4 at over 3M a year. Basically they have become a very good minor league team.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 10:41:44 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I guess the Littlefield era is finally over in Pittsburgh.  The only player left from his era is Doumit, and he was a youngster when Littlefield was around.  They sure did burn it all down to rebuild, didn't they?  At least there will be $1 hot dogs at the next home game I go to.

I hate being a Pirates fan when I can't even enjoy the stadium.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:45:57 PM »

Offline oldmanspeaks

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 70
I don't mind the concept of getting minor league players for your stars. The problem is that the minor league players aren't very good. Basically there isn't a lot of future stars in the minors even after all the trades. You have Alvarez, Tabata, Lars Anderson and then the list gets small.

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 10:49:26 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I don't mind the concept of getting minor league players for your stars. The problem is that the minor league players aren't very good. Basically there isn't a lot of future stars in the minors even after all the trades. You have Alvarez, Tabata, Lars Anderson and then the list gets small.

Yeah, I understand flushing away all remnants of Littlefield's mess and saving some money, but some of the guys they're bringing in aren't even top 10 prospects for their original teams.  Look at what the Bay/Nady trades reaped...some bullpen help and a borderline starter was 3rd.  Ugh.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com