Author Topic: Louisville to vacate 2013 basketball title as sex scandal punishment  (Read 5127 times)

Re: Louisville to vacate 2013 basketball title as sex scandal punishment
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2018, 09:49:38 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Still waiting on north Carolina get some punishment..waiting..waiting..waiting.

Quote from: some website
Roy Williams is a hall-of-fame coach and North Carolina was one of the teams in the initial seedings but the UNC coach said on Friday that he was confident his program was not involved in any wrongdoing with paying recruits.

“I feel very comfortable,” Williams said. “If the phone rings at night, I’m not worried about that. I may worry about a lot of other things but it ain’t about that.”

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article200583749.html#storylink=cpy

4 days ago.  Lol.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 10:24:19 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Re: Louisville to vacate 2013 basketball title as sex scandal punishment
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2018, 11:21:39 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
The whole "vacate" thing has always kinda made me laugh.  Regardless, those events happened.  Stripping schools of titles or wins doesn't really erase the experience of that moment.

Anyways, you hate to see bad things happen to good people like Rick Pitino.  Oh wait...
I still think of the Marcus Camby UMass team as a Final 4 team. I'm still amazed the John Calipari - who followed the Slick Rick game plan probably better than Pitino - actually got enough talent to U.Mass to make a Final 4. And they easily could have won it all that year.
well he got Camby there.  no one else on that team made the pros.  Basketball, especially college, you only need 1 player.
No respect for Lou Roe!

Padilla, Travieso, and Roe were legit college players. Camby was the best player in the country.

I think we're naive to think that the top programs are not pushing the envelope in regards to legal recruiting.

I personally am not a fan of Pitino, as I think he's a jerk that won't take responsibility for his actions. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if similar actions were/are rampant throughout college athletics.

Donta Bright was pretty good too.