28 (27.5%)
Theis
6 (5.9%)
TimeLord
6 (5.9%)
Wannamaker
2 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Most likely Celtic under contract to get traded?  (Read 2678 times)

Most likely Celtic under contract to get traded?
« on: May 23, 2019, 11:43:30 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I haven't included Kyrie, because he will obviously opt out. Rozier will probably get an offer above the QO, so I left him out. Otherwise who will be moved?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Re: Most likely Celtic under contract to get traded?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 11:45:59 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I do not see us getting davis so... minor trades.. yabusele ojeleje theis...

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 03:19:27 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Tatum because if a trade goes down it's probably a big one and he's probably the centerpiece.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 06:19:54 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yabu will 100% be traded, I think.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 06:23:18 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Well Tatum is a given.

But let me toss out a different name that I personally think caused locker room grief. Not by words or actions personally....but by entitlement from the coaches. And I will add that this person is the only difference to the team from last to this year when alot of the issues were non factors.

Hayward

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 07:01:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

omg ....not the future of the franchise  :P

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 07:05:14 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

omg ....not the future of the franchise  :P
Well at least we'll open up a roster spot, as well dump around 3 million to get us under the luxury tax if we re-sign Kyrie. We'll probably need to re-sign Horford on a more team-friendly deal to get below the tax line, but it would be worth it long term by ducking the repeater tax.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 07:15:25 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Agreed. His ~$3 million will either be used as salary filler in a big trade, or we'll move him+cash (+a protected second?) into another team's capspace to clear his salary

Picking up his 3rd year option was purely a "potential salary filler in a deal next summer" move
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 09:07:29 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I dont believe Hayward being traded now when his value has not returned makes any sense. Danny is far from a fool and unless Hayward is a poison in the locker(don't believe that) room, you just don't get rid of an asset when they are returning to previous heights. I dont want Hayward traded for pennies on the dollar and believe he will be extremely valuable for our team this coming season.

Tatum followed by Brown and Smart are the top level players that could be traded but only for a transcendent superstar.

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2019, 11:09:30 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Tatum is the team's best trade assett so I figure if there is a big trade he's the most likely to go.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2019, 11:43:59 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Theis and Wanamaker are both free agents and so shouldn't be on the list.

Also there's this rumor that Theis moved back to Germany, and perhaps was going to stay there?  May not see him in the NBA again.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2019, 04:17:24 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Hayward is probably an albatross. They would have to eat half his salary to move him.  Or take on a dead contract.
But there's also a chance he's better next year, and they need him if they trade Tatum for AD.

If they deal for AD,  Tatum and Brown or Smart will go.  Two of the three. Irving will probably stay, especially if AD is traded for.  Horford could get dealt. Morris?  Baynes could leave.  Rozier gone unless Irving leaves. The others almost irrelevant.

I wonder about the coach. I would guess he's going to get some help on that coaching staff next year. The likes, maybe of Pierce, Perkins and others. 

There has to be a name veteran NBA presence on that coaching staff if they are to attract major FAs. The Butler types don't do it.

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2019, 04:33:52 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Well Tatum is a given.

But let me toss out a different name that I personally think caused locker room grief. Not by words or actions personally....but by entitlement from the coaches. And I will add that this person is the only difference to the team from last to this year when alot of the issues were non factors.

Hayward

I think there's zero chance he's traded. No one is taking on that contract.

I would agree that Hayward's minutes were probably a big issue with Tatum, Brown, Rozier and Morris, but the fact is that if this team was going to go anywhere, Hayward playing well  would be a huge factor. If those guys were too selfish to see that, that's their issue, not Brad's nor Hayward's.

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2019, 04:48:40 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Well Tatum is a given.

Hayward
Hayward is the guy a lot of fans certainly WANT to be traded.  But I'm not seeing any takers.  Plus, it would not be so wise to trade the guy when his value is at an all time low. 

In fact, I'd put Hayward at the top of the least likely to be traded group.

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2019, 04:54:49 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Having thought about this a bit, I think the answer actually is Yabu (but not for the reason people think).  Someone earlier mentioned Yabu essentially in a salary dump (which of course would require us to find a team under the cap and attach a pick as well).  I suppose that is a possibility.

But if there is indeed a BIG trade, I'd say it's 90% likely to include Tatum; or perhaps Brown is the centerpiece (not necessarily for Davis) and perhaps Smart is included. 

My point is, Yabu is probably almost always included as salary filler.  For that same reason, I'd probably put the Time Lord at second, probably tied with Tatum.