Author Topic: The 2020 Historical Draft - 2000's edition. Nothing else to do? Join up!!  (Read 25547 times)

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
A question to Nick and all participants: what should we do with the 2019-2020 season? It's a partial year so I'm not entirely comfortable with taking players' 2019-2020 season at face value.
No 2019-2020 Luka playing like a Bird-LeBron hybrid?
No 2020 Jayson Tatum being the next PG-13/Carmelo/you name it?
No Zion being the next Barkley?
No Ja?

(to name a few)

It's just a mock draft. Let the people have fun! 8)

Having said that, I'm on board with whatever you guys want.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 10:30:31 AM by Jvalin »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think we should be allowed to use full "book-end" seasons.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Okay, I need everyone to give me their best time to play. So far:

nickagneta: Start anytime EST
RPGenerate: Start night  EST
Jvalin: Start morning or afternoon EST
Somebody: Start morning or night EST

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Start morning or afternoon CST

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Who: Afternoon or Morning EST

If it is evenings EST, I probably will not be available. So I will have to give someone a draft list.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Morning EST works for me, because work is dying down majorly and I'm not at school this year, so a few late nights are alright!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Afternoon/Evenings work best for me
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'm down for afternoons / evenings atm.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Evenings or afternoon.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Somebody(the poster, not some random person) thought another Historical Draft with a 2000's theme, an a 21stCentury Draft, would be a great idea for this summer, after the season ended. Well, the season is unexpectedly over early and we will all have a very large Celtics/NBA hole to fill.

So let's do it now.

Its time for what's looking to be our annual Historical Draft. I am gauging interest in people who would like to own teams. I will be the commissioner once again.

SCHEDULING: The draft would run from Monday March 23rd to Wednesday April 1st 16th. Finals rosters would be due on Friday April 3rd. There will be time to present your team and why you think it's the best team Monday April 6th. Voting takes place for best team on Tuesday April 7th. The winner will be announced Wednesday, April 8th at noontime, EST. Note: this could all be pushed back a week depending on different factors.

Regarding times, that is flexible and anyone who wants to play, please state what time(EST) works best for you. Morning, afternoon or night. It's usually a 3-4 hour window needed to get the drafting done.

RULES: Each player will be assigned a team and run that team as it's owner. Players to be drafted will be any player that played in the NBA between the years 2000 to present. Once a player is drafted he is the property of that team. Once all rounds of the draft are over, each owner will be required to submit a roster picking the season that each of his or her players will be represented by. The season chosen must be a season within the timeframe  of the draft.

Example: In first round I select LeBron James, Luka Doncic in the 2nd round and 3rd Round Al Horford, etc. When it comes time to present your team you must select the year you want to represent them. Therefore(choosing random years):

LeBron James 2010-11
Luka Doncic 2019-20
Al Horford 2015-16

And so on.

The draft will be a snake draft. There will be 13 rounds. Monday March 23 - Thursday March 26 there will be one round per day with picks in 15 minute intervals. The 5th through 13th rounds will be two rounds per day for 4 days with picks in 10 minute intervals.  These rounds will take place on Friday March 27th through Wednesday April 1st. When the draft ends there will be a period over the next couple of days to trade and the trade deadline will end on Friday April 3rd when team rosters will need to be submitted.

Of course, making trades is part of the game. A full set of rules which everyone will need to adhere to will be posted later.

Also, please read this regarding personal conduct in these games. They are more stringent than the general rules of the blog:

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=67351.0

Voting for best team happens on April 8th where you submit your rankings of all the teams, except yours, and I, the commissioner, will tabulate the votes and announce the winner the next day.

If this is to go off on the 23rd, I will need answers by interested parties to happen between now and March 19th. If we don't get enough people, we can push things back a week until we do.

If you are interested in playing, please post that you are below and let me know which time slot works best for you morning(9-12ish), afternoon(1-4ish) or night(7-10ish) in the EST zone.

Anyway, let's get things rolling. Who is in?

Commissioner
nickagneta

Players
DefenseWinsChamps
gouki88
Donoghus
RPGenerate
Somebody
Jvalin
GreenFaith1819
Roy H.
Celtic Fan Forever
Who
wdleehi
many thanks nick for arranging this. i wish i could joint, but my mornings, afternoons, and evenings are filled for the duration of the pandemic. i will watch though.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Morning EST works for me, because work is dying down majorly and I'm not at school this year, so a few late nights are alright!
Just to clarify, my preference should probably be valued less due to me most likely going to end up using draft lists for a number of rounds.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
That's fine, I'll probably just lean on skillset analysis more heavily when evaluating players in the 19-20 season.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
That's fine, I'll probably just lean on skillset analysis more heavily when evaluating players in the 19-20 season.
Yeah, I feel like that's probably the way to go. Still have 60-65 games of numbers and play to display, just no accolades besides All-Star appearances and player of the month / week

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Yeah, I feel like that's probably the way to go. Still have 60-65 games of numbers and play to display, just no accolades besides All-Star appearances and player of the month / week
I was more concerned about the absence of a playoff sample, I wanted to see how certain players perform in a playoff setting. Awards are unreliable in player evaluation as always :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I was more concerned about the absence of a playoff sample, I wanted to see how certain players perform in a playoff setting. Awards are unreliable in player evaluation as always :laugh:
Yeah, very true. Would’ve been interesting to see guys like Doncic as a #1 option in the playoffs, but ah well!