Author Topic: Celtics (27-12) at Pistons (14-26) 1/20  (Read 95572 times)

Re: Celtics (27-12) at Pistons (14-26) 1/20
« Reply #525 on: January 20, 2010, 11:07:30 PM »

Offline asiangreen

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
man...I hate to say this but i think it's "Rondo" the one to blame. He looked energatic, agressive in the first half. But during the first 7 mins of the third, he walked up the ball and just held the ball too long. He passed the ball when there was 8-9 sec left and it liked forcing the guy to shoot or causing turnover. Many times that he was not focus on the play at all and playful with the ball i.e flashly pass the ball behind his back[which is unnecessarly]. Worse, his defense was just terrible...let his guy pass by and tried to poke the ball from behind. I don't mean he did it on purpose but it looks like so. I don't mean he wanted the other team to be back in the game but it looks like so. Until the pistons back to tied score, Rondo just played like Rondo again but it's too late. The momentum had shifted and it's hard to stop them.

Again, I hate to say this but he manages to play like this in the playoffs last season againt the Magics, and I have observed it happened in every game we lost recently.  

« Reply #526 on: January 20, 2010, 11:09:56 PM »

Kiorrik

man...I hate to say this but i think it's "Rondo" the one to blame. He looked energatic, agressive in the first half. But during the first 7 mins of the third, he walked up the ball and just held the ball too long. He passed the ball when there was 8-9 sec left and it liked forcing the guy to shoot or causing turnover. Many times that he was not focus on the play at all and playful with the ball i.e flashly pass the ball behind his back[which is unnecessarly]. Worse, his defense was just terrible...let his guy pass by and tried to poke the ball from behind. I don't mean he did it on purpose but it looks like so. I don't mean he wanted the other team to be back in the game but it looks like so. Until the pistons back to tied score, Rondo just played like Rondo again but it's too late. The momentum had shifted and it's hard to stop them.

Again, I hate to say this but he manages to play like this in the playoffs last season againt the Magics, and I have observed it happened in every game we lost recently.  
You can't blame a loss like this on one player not doing his job. That's when someone else should take over, the player should be subbed or you need to start playing as a team.

« Reply #527 on: January 20, 2010, 11:10:27 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I've been saying this for awhile now---Ray Allen is FINISHED---We can get a BOATLOAD of talent for his contract---and we NEED to do it...Cause, if we don't--it's gonna be a LONG time before we get back to the Finals---The Lakers will have Banner # 18 Before us.

This is the year to trade Ray--Lots of teams willing to deal--We let him expire, and we get NOTHING---and we'll only have the MLE to sign a mediocre player next year...We could get a stud NOW---Amare,Bosh,CP3....someone--!!

Bosh and Amare are not Studs by any stretch of the imagination...offensive studs yes, but they couldn't guard a turtle in mollases, lol

« Reply #528 on: January 20, 2010, 11:27:02 PM »

Offline asiangreen

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Yeah..we can't blame a loss on just Rondo but he is the only starter accordingly to my observation that started the third quater with this bad habit. I want to blame Doc also for not pushing him back to where he was when we started losing the momentum. Maybe, the Celtics' problem right now is that we are tooooo much relying on just one pg. I believe if we get a backup one[Nate], we'll see the change.

« Reply #529 on: January 20, 2010, 11:39:06 PM »

Offline BigBaby

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 9
Unbelievable. We are the laughing stock of the NBA. The pistons just embarrassed us tonight. I could not believe my eyes in the 3rd.

It's mind boggling how we completely collapse every game.

Suicide rate in Boston just doubled.

« Reply #530 on: January 21, 2010, 07:25:58 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Reasons for tonight's loss... ::)

Energy: The team lacked it in the 2nd half. Unfortunately I had a feeling they were going to do so (based on previous outcomes), but I was in denial.

Rondo: He needs not to ever walk the ball up the floor, EVER!!! His ability defeats the purpose of walking it up and calling plays. If he was Chauncy Billups or Steve Nash then by all means walk it up, but Rondo is no threat offensively and teams (like Tom Hienson said last night) are daring Rondo to beat them while staying put with their own opposition.

Offense: tonight we looked absolutely handicapped on the offensive end. Can't believe it but on a team of 14 players we have only one "SCORER". I'm not surprised at Pierces energy and offensive outputs in 2nd halfs, because teams watch film and then come out in the 2nd half realizing that Paul Pierce is the one getting them going. So they take him out the ball game and the Celtics look totally discombobulated. Ray is a pure shooter, Rondo can't shoot, Eddie can't hit, Tony can't shoot, Rasheed can't shoot, Scal can't shoot and Davis can't hit. Perkins was actually our "go-to guy tonight" lol, because he's been the most efficient with consistency.

Doc Rivers: His substitution pattern in the 1st half was outstanding (especially when he finally decided to use Bill Walker as Pierces Substitute). What I didn't get was why he took Bill Walker out of the game, after he grabbed a defensive board, went down court drew a double team found the open man and got an assist??? Doc to me is too darn nervous and needs to cool it and trust the young guys. What's the worse that can happen that has already happen? We turn the ball over like 20+ times a game anyhow. So it better not be about the young guys making mistakes, because the veterans aren't doing such a good job themselves.  ???

Oh Well K.G. is back, and we get to fianlly get our "BAIL-OUT MONEY". ;)