Author Topic: Gifts?  (Read 1347 times)

Gifts?
« on: July 06, 2010, 09:41:42 AM »

Offline balabusta

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
I'm new to this forum but I'd love if you'd share with me some gift ideas for someone who is difficult to shop for but is a basketball and  Celtics fanatic.  Thanks!

Re: Gifts?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 09:50:23 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I love my Celtics key ring, and I am always hoping for another C's related book.  There are also tee shirts and gear (from waste baskets to warm up suits).  I am not in the Boston area, but I would think tickets to a game would be sublime...Good luck, hope you find something meaningful.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 10:48:18 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
What's the price range?

You generally can't go wrong with a jersey.  Bill Russell's "Red and Me" book is good.  The Celtics Dynasty dvd set is only $15 on Amazon, which is an absolute steal (seriously -- people should buy this.  It's usually around $40.)  Link.

If you've got more money, you can pick up some sweet autographed memorabilia on ebay.  For now, though, I'd say the book and the dvd -- available for about $25 - $30 total -- would make a phenomenal gift for any Celtics fan.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 10:52:12 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
The Book of Basketball by Bill Simmons is a good one.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.