Author Topic: Kyrie Irving trade idea  (Read 6730 times)

Kyrie Irving trade idea
« on: December 15, 2018, 01:45:16 AM »

Offline PatrickLencioni

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 5
Okay, I know people will blast this, but I think it makes sense.  Kyrie is an amazing player, but he's not really a team guy.  We played so well in the playoffs last year without him, and I'm wondering what we could add to our team by, yes, trading him.  Straight up, we could get Whiteside and more.  We could package him with Hayward and get Anthony Davis.  Think about adding Whiteside to our team from last year's playoffs, along with Hayward coming off the bench.  Or think about adding Davis to our team from last year's playoffs.  The key to all this is that our others play better when they know that they will get more time on the court and that they will see the ball more.  Kyrie is not the kind of player who makes his team stronger by going one on one so often.  Great player.  Not necessarily great for a team.

Re: Kyrie Irving trade idea
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 01:50:06 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Whiteside? Hassan Whiteside?

What did I just read? You want to give up a top 10 player for Hassan Whiteside?

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 01:52:43 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
You’re right, get ready to get blasted.

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 02:07:57 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd give your joke a 3/10.  3 points for effort.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 02:22:00 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
You’re both so right and so wrong in your first sentence. You most certainly will be rightly blasted, but both these trades make no sense.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 02:22:44 AM »

Offline PatrickLencioni

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 5
Okay, I don't mind getting blasted.  But how about the other idea.  Davis for Irving and Hayward?  And what about the general concept of the team playing more like a team last year, and adding a big man to that line-up?

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 03:15:50 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Okay, I don't mind getting blasted.  But how about the other idea.  Davis for Irving and Hayward?  And what about the general concept of the team playing more like a team last year, and adding a big man to that line-up?

Well you were asking for it with the Whiteside suggestion  :laugh:

I'm pretty sure the team is playing like a team right now. Irving's assists are up and his scoring is down on last year. His usage has gone down, his assist % has gone up. He's passing the ball more. This narrative that he always isos and doesn't make his teammates better just isn't true. It was at one time but current evidence suggests otherwise.

Definitely wouldn't trade Davis for Irving and Hayward. I'd be willing to let JB and Rozier + filler + pick go for him though. Matching salaries would be a pain. But it wouldn't be this year.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 03:32:05 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
this can't be real life. Whiteside can be had for a cap clearing 2nd Round pick right now. Miami would love to get out of that contract and player whose skillset type is no longer demanding anywhere near max money.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 04:18:36 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I want whatever you're on man.

Kyrie won LeBron his 3rd ring. Obviously a team-player, and someone who can go head to head with Stephen Curry.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 04:20:29 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

A serious discussion likely won’t be had because your assessment of Kyrie is out of date and lazy
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 07:05:27 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
TP. Thank you for the chuckles.
Kyrie and Gordon for Davis is impossible.
NOLA won't give him and Danny won't give that much value back. He would also have to get a minus value contract in return. This is a 2K trade proposal.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 08:06:11 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Kyrie for Whiteside would be horrific.

I’m all in on Davis, but the idea should be to pair him alongside Kyrie and Hayward.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 08:36:47 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Okay, I know people will blast this, but I think it makes sense.  Kyrie is an amazing player, but he's not really a team guy. 

And Whiteside is ????????????????????

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2018, 08:57:05 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Kyrie for Whiteside would be horrific.

I’m all in on Davis, but the idea should be to pair him alongside Kyrie and Hayward.

Yeah, in comparing AD and Whiteside - one of these things is not like the other.

As for Kyrie/AD - I would only do this if we were forced to (Rose Rule) because NO was blowing it up at the deadline. If NO trades AD and it is not to the Cs, I want to feel a sense of satisfaction that it was way more than we were ever willing to offer.

Not sure why you are including Hayward in the Kyrie/AD deal - no reason to do that as we would need to take back a ton of salary. Although, after the season, if Hayward is their player of choice (headliner in a trade package), I would gladly make that move even if it might ruffle a few feathers.

And, don't worry about being 'blasted'. It is a right of passage here on CS. You might want to make a new message retracting the Whiteside part of your deal though - yikes!  ;)

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2018, 09:00:44 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
so has anyone looked at heat forum .   Whiteside is the most hated player ever by heat .  They d love Kyrie on their team....are you a heat fan ? They hate his attitude. and pretty much everything about him lately and would trade him for anybody half decent  ...just get rid of him is all i ever see anymore .  Why would you possible want someone with an awful attitude with a huge salary on the Celtics .  I can't think of of a worse idea .   I d rather have old worn out sorry Melo  I d rather have Cousins

I doubt i d trade Yabu and 2 nd pick for fakeside . 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 09:06:38 AM by SHAQATTACK »