Author Topic: Bulls (1-0) at Celtics (1-0) 10/31  (Read 24467 times)

Re: Bulls (1-0) at Celtics (1-0) 10/31
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2008, 09:55:52 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Not the only whoopin' in the NBA tonight.

Man, Miami is up by 30 on Sac, and the Sixers spanked the Knicks by 29
Yup

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2008, 10:01:11 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Del Negro does not look to be making much of an impact on this team. These rotations are really questionable.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2008, 10:03:05 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
That sounded like the Garden salute to KG for his 1000th game.  That is an awesome milestone.  Congrats KG.

Great argument with the ESPN boys with their top PFs.  Jackson is right on this one.  KG has a ring and a legacy, Amare has neither one, no matter how great he might be.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2008, 10:07:48 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
Alright put in Pruitt, Walker, and POB.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2008, 10:14:16 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
Tyrus Thomas is the definition of what a good couple of weeks in March can do for you when you're in college.  He is just not a good pro yet, and won't be for awhile.  His Tournament with LSU raised his stock way higher than it should've been.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2008, 10:16:10 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
Interesting hesitation there talking about Pierce and the HOF.  He does guarantee that he's in the rafters though.  If he's in the rafters in the Garden then he should be in Springfield.

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2008, 10:17:18 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
House looks so much better playing sg. Doc should at least try the Pruitt/House combo in games like this one.

Larry Bird

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2008, 10:19:20 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
House looks so much better playing sg. Doc should at least try the Pruitt/House combo in games like this one.

If Scal is getting minutes tonight than Pruitt should too.  I think Scal should be in a suit like Marbury was tonight, but if he's dressing he should at least be 12 out of 12 on the depth chart.

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2008, 10:20:34 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
Tyrus Thomas is the definition of what a good couple of weeks in March can do for you when you're in college.  He is just not a good pro yet, and won't be for awhile.  His Tournament with LSU raised his stock way higher than it should've been.

Happens every year. I'm wondering if some scouts only watch the tournament.Or even worse, just the final game. ???

Larry Bird

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2008, 10:22:37 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish

If Scal is getting minutes tonight than Pruitt should too.  I think Scal should be in a suit like Marbury was tonight, but if he's dressing he should at least be 12 out of 12 on the depth chart.

It was Doc's trick or treat substitution move. It sure was not a treat.

Larry Bird

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2008, 10:26:36 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics

It was Doc's trick or treat substitution move. It sure was not a treat.

Haha yeah you're right.  Here's Gabe, these minutes might be big for him.  If he can show out after his decent preseason he might get some minutes in some legit games.

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2008, 10:28:13 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Leon is showing some good moves tonight, I'm liking it.

Also a little surprising Rose has 0 assists.

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2008, 10:28:55 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
First possession, he was running Doc's Dirty Dancing set. Give Powe the ball and then go stand in the corner.

Larry Bird

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2008, 10:31:05 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
Leon is showing some good moves tonight, I'm liking it.

Also a little surprising Rose has 0 assists.

I'm not too surprised. I think he'll be more of a Gilbert Arenas type. Especially when he develops a jumper.

Larry Bird

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2008, 10:34:40 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
Good stroke Gabe.  Good game Leon.  This is the only time I'll enjoy Scal.  Scal-a-brine!

Nice block POB.