Author Topic: Celtics (5-2) at Knicks (2-2) 10/21  (Read 5456 times)

Celtics (5-2) at Knicks (2-2) 10/21
« on: October 20, 2008, 04:20:42 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  AT 

Boston Celtics (5-2) at New York Knicks (2-2)
Preseason Game #8 – Road Game #4
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
7:30 PM ET
TV:  CSN, MSG
Radio:  WEEI
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY

Probable Starting Matchups

Rajon Rondo vs Chris Duhon

Ray Allen vs Jamal Crawford

Paul Pierce vs Quentin Richardson

Kevin Garnett vs Wilson Chandler

Kendrick Perkins vs Zach Randolph

Bench
Tony Allen
Glen Davis
JR Giddens
Eddie House
Leon Powe
Gabe Pruitt
Brian Scalabrine
Bill Walker
Sam Cassell
Patrick O'Bryant

Injuries
Rajon Rondo (ankle)  probable

Bench 
Stephon Marbury
Nate Robinson
Anthony Roberson
Patrick Ewing Jr
Dan Grunfeld
Mardy Collins
Malik Rose
Eddy Curry

Injuries
Jerome James (quad)  probable
Danilo Gallinari (back) doubtful
David Lee (ankle)  doubtful
Allan Houston  (Quad)  out
Jared Jeffries  (fibula) out

The Knicks came into Boston and gave the Celtics their second loss of the preseason.  Now, the Celtics try to return the favor and hand the Knicks a loss in their house.  The Knicks are are playing in the second half of back to back games, having played the Nets the previous night.   

Mike D'Antoni has the Knicks running and playing defense and definitely aren't the pushover of previous seasons.  Since this is the Celtics' final game of the preseason,  we should expect to see the starters play more minutes than in previous games and we should also see a rotation that will be closer to what we will see in the regular season. 

Matchups to Watch
  vs 
There has been bad blood between these two players in the past including Q Rich calling out Paul Pierce and challenging him to a fight off the court.  This is always an interesting matchup to watch. 

vs 
  It will be interesting to see if Perk can build on his solid performance against the Nets.   He has traditionally played well against the Knicks.  Randolph is a strong player under the basket and so this should be a real battle in the paint. 

Re: Celtics (5-2) at Knicks (2-2) 10/21
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 04:25:17 PM »

Offline CountChockula

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
I'll be at that game tommrow! In the NBA Skybox Suite ;D

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 04:26:07 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
Well they beat us last time.. Marbury looked pretty good, I wonder if he is going to get released? Randolph looked tired through out the game but was effective. I like to see the celtics beat them this time.

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 08:20:15 PM »

Offline stoyko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 77
I like D'Antoni but it looks like the same old Knick squad.
NJ Nyets.
A.Iguodala,Nene,A. Brooks, H. Warrick, ,C.Delfino,MoWilliams,Nick Collison,Reggie Williams, T. Douglas, E. Barron,Q. Ross,James Anderson, Jeff Pendergraph

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 08:21:52 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Q rich is taking some of the most comedic shots ive ever seen.

also, new ive deceided on a new commandment for perk.

"thou shall not try a behind the back dribble"
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 08:21:55 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Celts look sharp.  2nd quarter and the bench is extending the lead.

Look, there's nothing else on.  Pats game last night.  Baseball is done.

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
seriously, q-rich has me in the aisles with some of these shots.

is he trying to get cut?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 09:14:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
It's only preseason but Gabe Pruitt is for real!

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 09:15:28 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Seems like a good old fashioned whuppin.
 ;D ;D ;D
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 09:26:28 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Looking at the boxscore it seems Patrick is getting a DNP yet again, now i havnt seen any preseason games since the rockets game but does anyone have any idea why he's suddonly on doc's blacklist?
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 09:33:56 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Looking at the boxscore it seems Patrick is getting a DNP yet again, now i havnt seen any preseason games since the rockets game but does anyone have any idea why he's suddonly on doc's blacklist?

doc said he's going to play the starters mostly tonight. i think leon having a beast of a game at the 5 isn't helping either.

EDIT: he just checked in for leon

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 09:40:21 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
Yeah i saw on the boxscore, still dosnt make me scratch my head any less at this offseason.

We go out and aquire: Patrick O'Bryant, Darius Miles, JR Giddens, Bill Walker, Tony Allen, Eddie House and Sam Cassel

yet it seems that doc is only interrested in seeing substantial minutes to Tony Allen and Eddie House.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 09:41:16 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
POB looks awful tonight so far. not running the floor, several bad looks, and some silly D-3 secs and fouls.

leon looks like a seasoned vet on the other hand. be intersting to see wheather he can carry that over to the regular season.

tony looks aggersive, but he's not making good decisions.

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 09:43:24 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Yeah i saw on the boxscore, still dosnt make me scratch my head any less at this offseason.

We go out and aquire: Patrick O'Bryant, Darius Miles, JR Giddens, Bill Walker, Tony Allen, Eddie House and Sam Cassel

yet it seems that doc is only interrested in seeing substantial minutes to Tony Allen and Eddie House.

he said coming into this game that he was going to play the starters regular season minutes. and pruitt and leon powe have played a ton of minutes as well, along with walker and baby.

i'd say he's playing what he thinks will be his typical 9-10 man rotation.

starters
pruitt
powe
house
TA
baby

with a slight dash of walker.

P.s the third unit is out thier now, and looks baaaddddd.

thank god the scal/walker/ta/baby/pob lineup won't be heavily relied upon in the regular season. its given the knicks a fighting chance in this game hehe.

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 09:49:03 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
If thats the lineup we are going to see thoughout this season, then this offseason has been an absolute failure.

For a team that need'et to cover lost assests (poss) we, if your right, have added nothing but pruit from the d-league and some more street wearing cash collecting scrubs.

I personly think there's a ton of potential in Patrick O'Bryant and Walker to some extent, what you have to do, to get a break in the face of Doc Rivers, thats what i dont understand.

- Larry Bird