Author Topic: MELO????  (Read 831 times)

MELO????
« on: February 01, 2013, 03:58:45 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Ok so now that my heart has been broken, losing sully. Can Fab put it back together? Will he get some playing time? Idk if i want him to get alot if it hurts his development but it would sure as heck be sweetastic if he came in and tore it up.....................ugh stupid back problems! grrr

Re: MELO????
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 04:06:45 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i have seen D league broadcasts of melo play a few games. he has talent, but he looks lost too much of the time.

he perches under the basket and waits to block shots. he also leaves his man when he thinks he can block the shot of another player.

in the nba, the shooter will pass to the man melo leaves. that will result in a number of dunks on melo. this problem will be solved as he learns to play better team defense. but for now, it might  be a problem.

melo's offense has improved and he has a nice jump shot that is coming along to go with his hook shot.

he also seems to box out well.

so....i do not get my hopes up for melo to come in and carry the team. but he has talent and now we can all watch him develop it.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 04:10:53 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
At this point I do play him because I don't see us going much of anywhere.  Way too thin up front and we are going to miss big time what Sully was giving us.

Might as well see what we have.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 04:17:54 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Might as well start giving him a few minutes a night.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 04:23:35 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Might as well start giving him a few minutes a night.

sure. at this stage we can pretty well put a fork in this season. no reason to not play melo now.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 04:28:32 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I think Wilcox and Collins are still ahead of him in the rotation.   Though with both those guy's propensity to accumulate fouls, Melo might be a good bet to see non-blowout floor time.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 04:32:29 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Celts win tonight and Melo sees the floor.

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 04:41:34 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
isn't melo hurt, though? That's the reason he's here instead of up in Maine, right?