Author Topic: 2013-14 Assignees  (Read 5965 times)

2013-14 Assignees
« on: July 17, 2013, 04:40:04 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Which of our end of bench contracts gets assigned to the Red Claws this upcoming season? Aside from the obvious Fab Melo off course. Will Colton Iverson be guaranteed and then shipped to Maine, or simply waived on the understanding that if he goes and bides his time at the Claws, he`s the first guy the Cs will offer a 10 day contract when a roster spot opens up? Is Kris Joseph looking at that as an option now he`s been waived? Is Brooks still eligible to be d-leagued anytime the Cs want? If Pressey and Faverani make the final cut will they also asked to be visiting Melo from time to time? So many questions eh? 
Banner 18 please 😍

Re: 2013-14 Assignees
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 05:30:42 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Colton Iverson would be stashed overseas if he's not ready

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20130628/SPORTS0202/306280030/Celtics-eyed-Iverson-long-before-NBA-draft

Page 2

Pensack said summer league will give a better indication of Iverson’s fit. He said the absolute worst-case scenario is that Iverson doesn’t make the team and goes overseas for a year before returning.

We will retain Colton Iverson's rights regardless I think.

Nolan Smith also got an invite to training camp.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 05:41:20 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If Colton Iveson is in training camp and potentially playing preseason games, then he has to be signed to a contract and the Celtics would have to waive him, losing his rights, if he doesn't make the regular season roster.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 06:29:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Kris Joseph is gone, I do not think you see him in green.   We have a glut of two guards and two higher caliber small forwards than Kris.  No way he displaces Wallace, Bogans or Jeff Green so he is done. 

I doubt Nolan Smith plays in green either.  Pressey is a way better talent and Smith tore is calf this summer.  He might come to camp but odds are he gets beat out and is done.   Pressey's agent is working on a one year contract.  Smith is a tweener, too small for ideal SG and lacks PG skills.  With his injury he will be DL bound or cut lose.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1841/nolan-smith

I do not see Lamont Jones beating out Pressey either.

Wilcox will be gone too, I suspect.  Iverson may go overseas to play with his brother in Turkey.

I think there may be one more deal coming though

I think we could look like this perhaps if no deal.

PG Rondo Pressy
SG Lee, Brooks, Crawford
OG Bradley (Not a SG, not a PG but monster defender)
SF Bogans, Green, Wallace
PF Bass, Humphries,Sullinger, Olynyk
C  Iverson, Melo ( Personally I would rather have Shav - Melo sucks)

THE PF and C are interchangeable.   We may have Oly at C sometimes I would reckon.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 08:06:41 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Kris Joseph is gone, I do not think you see him in green.   

Joseph has already been waived.

http://celticshub.com/2013/07/15/celtics-waive-kris-joseph/

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 01:28:51 PM »

• Bailey Howell
  • Community Text
Do the Red Claws pick him up anyway or does he head elsewhere?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 01:59:44 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Kris Joseph is gone, I do not think you see him in green.   We have a glut of two guards and two higher caliber small forwards than Kris.  No way he displaces Wallace, Bogans or Jeff Green so he is done. 

I doubt Nolan Smith plays in green either.  Pressey is a way better talent and Smith tore is calf this summer.  He might come to camp but odds are he gets beat out and is done.   Pressey's agent is working on a one year contract.  Smith is a tweener, too small for ideal SG and lacks PG skills.  With his injury he will be DL bound or cut lose.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1841/nolan-smith

I do not see Lamont Jones beating out Pressey either.

Wilcox will be gone too, I suspect.  Iverson may go overseas to play with his brother in Turkey.

I think there may be one more deal coming though

I think we could look like this perhaps if no deal.

PG Rondo Pressy
SG Lee, Brooks, Crawford
OG Bradley (Not a SG, not a PG but monster defender)
SF Bogans, Green, Wallace
PF Bass, Humphries,Sullinger, Olynyk
C  Iverson, Melo ( Personally I would rather have Shav - Melo sucks)

THE PF and C are interchangeable.   We may have Oly at C sometimes I would reckon.

substitute faverani for crawford (on the roster, not by position) and you may have it correct.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 07:25:19 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I forgot about Fav sorry, I agree.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 07:58:07 AM »

• Bailey Howell
  • Community Text
Well Melo, and Iverson are gone. Does Olynyk get sent to Maine to guarantee big minutes or is he way too good to gain anything on the Red Claws? Perhaps Pressey and Brooks?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 10:23:18 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Well Melo, and Iverson are gone. Does Olynyk get sent to Maine to guarantee big minutes or is he way too good to gain anything on the Red Claws? Perhaps Pressey and Brooks?

I think Pressey is with Boston until Rondo comes back, and then at that point will be a top candidate for the Red Claws. 

Brooks won't be going down there.  He will be with Boston, or traded. 

At the moment, I see no other guys who are likely to be sent down, unless they cut Greene (which is likely), and sign another young player.