Author Topic: Trip to Boston  (Read 2678 times)

Trip to Boston
« on: August 16, 2009, 04:58:51 PM »

Offline Kdu12

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 10
Hi People,

I am trying to plan a trip to Boston.  I would like to find a hotel for a couple of nights and not spend more than 100 bucks a night.  Actually the cheaper the better but I don't want to stay in a dive.  Does anyone have any recommendations or can tell me towns just outside of Boston to search?  I don't mind taking the train in.  One of the sights I plan on visiting is the Aquarium if that helps at all.  It has been a long time since I have been to Boston so I am not really familiar with it anymore.  Oh yeah, I will be coming from NYS (please don't throw stuff at me) and I am a huge Celtics fan :)

Re: Trip to Boston
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I would say, Cambridge, Quincy, Malden are all decent places outside the city where you can take the T in.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 05:28:28 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
yeah go for the T not the commuter rail if you're trying to save money - the rail gets progressively more expensive the further out you get (though Salem, MA is pretty dope if you want to come here!)

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 05:52:13 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
Cdif911 are you from Salem?  If so, Salem is def the place to be come halloween time.  It would be worth a trip from NY to see Salem MA in October, Yankees would be ending their season in that month too. ;)
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 07:40:54 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
Salem is crazy on Halloween, its USUALLY pretty safe too. Some people will act stupid and get arressted but mostly its all in good fun. I work about 5 minutes from downtown Salem, alot of girls stop in there to pick stuff up and are already in costume which is cool lol.

But Cdif and Champ are correct, Salem isnt too far away and theres alot to see and is great to walk around in, especially come fall. Alot of real good places to eat and cheap places to stay.

As Rondo said, Quincy and Cambridge are nice places that arent far too.