Author Topic: I Love Winnie Cooper: The New Yorker  (Read 3433 times)

I Love Winnie Cooper: The New Yorker
« on: April 24, 2013, 11:11:51 AM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
Hits home... loved this show as a kid.  I Love Winnie Cooper:  The New Yorker

Really, she was an idea—the model for first love.

Re: I Love Winnie Cooper: The New Yorker
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 12:00:47 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Recently re-watched the entire series via Netflix. Still holds up.

If you watch it on Netflix, Joe Cocker version has been replaced. Please fast forward quickly.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 01:38:34 PM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
Recently re-watched the entire series via Netflix. Still holds up.

If you watch it on Netflix, Joe Cocker version has been replaced. Please fast forward quickly.
I did the exact same thing about a year ago.  What an amazing show.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 02:57:13 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
For me, this was the single greatest television show ever.  Practically was my childhood.  Being a kid at the same time, and only a few years younger, it seemed like I was watching my own life, just on tv.

Brings back so many memories.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 03:09:30 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
That 2 part finale at the summer resort and ending on the 4th of July was classic.  You could totally relate to the feelings Kevin was having when Winnie didn't want to talk to him, was always rushing him off the telephone when he called her, etc...and it was driving him insane that he went as far as driving all the way up to the resort and finally the 2 of them realizing that there just wasn't anything between them in that capacity anymore....so they remained a couple for the summer and then that was it...it was over.  Sucks when you feel like you're losing your relationship and there's really nothing you can do about it.

At any rate, I still watch this show if I happen to catch it in the listings.  It was a big part of my childhood, too.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 03:17:25 PM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
That 2 part finale at the summer resort and ending on the 4th of July was classic.  You could totally relate to the feelings Kevin was having when Winnie didn't want to talk to him, was always rushing him off the telephone when he called her, etc...and it was driving him insane that he went as far as driving all the way up to the resort and finally the 2 of them realizing that there just wasn't anything between them in that capacity anymore....so they remained a couple for the summer and then that was it...it was over.  Sucks when you feel like you're losing your relationship and there's really nothing you can do about it.

At any rate, I still watch this show if I happen to catch it in the listings.  It was a big part of my childhood, too.
I was lucky enough to tape these two off television on VHS and watched it as an adolescent whenever I felt the need to feel emotional.  It was amazing in every way.  The ending was perfect because it was so REAL.

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 09:16:59 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Fantastic show. Wish they had done one more year to finish high school.