Author Topic: What I don't like: talking about Rondo rondo rondo rondo  (Read 7701 times)

What I don't like: talking about Rondo rondo rondo rondo
« on: March 13, 2013, 06:47:10 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I liked the forum the first few weeks I was here but ever since Rondo went out, he's been the center of every thread. People just have to bring him up, every chance they get. It gets on my nerves because Rondo is out. Torn with an ACL and not playing for the rest of the season.

Sure, it's fine for him to be brought up in a "Are we better without Rondo?" thread but we don't need every other post to be "If Rondo were here, we would've won" or "Trade Rondo for Koufos and picks". Enough is enough and we really don't need new threads every day
starting gigantic quote
chains like these,
I mean telling the
same person to change
their minds twenty times
probably isn't any
more helpful than just ONCE.
I really don't see any productivity with these posts.

So, I'm just asking if we can talk about the Celtics we do have. Bradley and Green have been phenomenal these past few weeks and we've been winning big time (15-5, 9-0 home). So, let's see what we can do because believe it or not: Rondo isn't coming back this season.

Thanks guys, and I hope you at least read up to here. ;D

CC
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Re: What I don't like: talking about Rondo rondo rondo rondo
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 06:53:45 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Starting a thread about not wanting to talk about Rondo is going to result in even more talk about Rondo.  Just saying.

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 06:55:17 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I agree, I'm done with it until this year is over.

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 06:58:53 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Starting a thread about not wanting to talk about Rondo is going to result in even more talk about Rondo.  Just saying.

lol pretty much

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 07:03:25 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

So what do you suggest I do? Make a thread that says "Talk more about Rondo"? Say nothing and still see more Rondo threads?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 07:07:23 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney

So what do you suggest I do? Make a thread that says "Talk more about Rondo"? Say nothing and still see more Rondo threads?

How about just ignoring Rondo threads, or ignoring posts about Rondo?  Nobody here is forcing you to read about Rondo.

Don't make other people change just because they annoy you.

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 07:07:54 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

How about just ignoring Rondo threads, or ignoring posts about Rondo?  Nobody here is forcing you to read about Rondo.

So I can't even ask? I think I have the right to ask politely...
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 07:08:44 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
lol yeah, not going to happen...this forum was dominated by Rondo posts even before the injury. He's just a very controversial player among Celtics fans.

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 07:14:06 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney

Well sure, you can ask all you want, but here's the reality: Rondo will always be a topic of discussion.  That ain't changing, whether you like it or not.

And it doesn't matter how politely you ask this, because when I read the OP you came off like a jerk.  Just a personal opinion, but I find telling others what they should and shouldn't do is rude.

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 07:17:15 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
I hate threads like this. So much.

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 07:17:27 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Yeah, to me it really comes down to ignoring threads you don't like. Bc like CF9 said, other posters aren't going to make threads around others likes and dislikes

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 07:24:22 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Well sure, you can ask all you want, but here's the reality: Rondo will always be a topic of discussion.  That ain't changing, whether you like it or not.

And it doesn't matter how politely you ask this, because when I read the OP you came off like a jerk.  Just a personal opinion, but I find telling others what they should and shouldn't do is rude.

Well, sorry. But I think the people who bring up Rondo in every thread also "come off like jerks" at terms (no offense at all, sorry). Whatever. Just thought I'd like to express my personal opinions in a public forum. ;D

Sorry for any inconveniences I may have caused by posting this :P
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 07:37:37 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Best advice I can give is to ignore the Rondo threads if you don't like them.

People are going to discuss the Rondo on here no matter what.  Raising a stink about it isn't going to do much, IMO.

As long as there are people who will discuss it or get drawn in, those threads will exist.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 07:40:11 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Best advice I can give is to ignore the Rondo threads if you don't like them.

People are going to discuss the Rondo on here no matter what.  Raising a stink about it isn't going to do much, IMO.

As long as there are people who will discuss it or get drawn in, those threads will exist.

Yep. We can't stop that. My plea is simply asking for people not to bring Rondo up in non-Rondo-related threads and not making multiple threads regarding the same topic. Hope y'all understand :)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 07:49:14 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Rondo who?

I hope we don't have to discuss him next year.
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.