Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 241893 times)

Re: relocated wallet not even lost
« Reply #795 on: July 13, 2018, 12:40:26 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Must be a really slow NBA month if we're worrying about people's wallets  ;D
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #796 on: July 13, 2018, 12:54:42 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Perhaps he has ADHD or severe concussion issues and needs medical attention. Hence Ainge was concerned that they couldn't get the med records on draft night.

« Reply #797 on: July 13, 2018, 02:15:30 AM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
Isnt this the excuse to tell children they're not allowed to carry money?
"You'll just lose your wallet/purse!"

Or am i the only one with parents who didn't trust me....

I don’t think ANYONE carries money anymore. Can’t remeber the last time my kids saw me pay cash for something. Heaven forbid they ever get asked what a typewriter is.

Mike

Unless I have no choice, or it's gas at the pump, I always deal in cash.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #798 on: July 13, 2018, 02:59:56 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Article out today with interview of his 3 year high school coach.About time someone fought back for this kid.
Seems some fans are taking pot shots at a 20 year old.

This kid organized an event for town,arranged rides and made sure teammates and friends were not late. never caused a problem-he loves basketball and his teammates loved playing with him.
It is being fueled by media and critical fans bordering on group bullying.Even the humor in mass
smacks of immaturity and lack of understanding. Humor can hurt!!!!Would you like this done to your kid.
He left his wallet in his hotel room and  was back in hours,the next non loss he gave it to his teammate to hold onto .OOPS!They both forgot.
I cringed, when in front of everybody Danny pulls a his sweatshirt sleeves  emphasizing his length-wonder how many times he go laughed at for clothes that didn't fit'
My daughter was bullied for her height 6 foot but was a model and now a dentist -that has gone down the Amazon then into Peru and Bolivia.
Trips to Cambodia,Vietnam and Laos doing some charity work at orphanages and now loves her height -the boys felt threatened and the girls envious of long legs.Once it starts it reverberates long after.
My son was bullied because he was fashion forward, even though he won the cities talent contest for dance and went onto the nationals of Britains Got Dance with his crew. He was athlete of the year at high school  and played premier league basketball for national title twice.The English are a envious bullying lot.They aim at success.
I was never bullied and defended kids who were.
So think if this was your kid,a good kid from everything i could find who is being hammered in the press for what really?
.Misplacing a wallet and missing a flight.
I loved last season as Brad called Semi elite defensively as he was lumbered with can't shoot poor motor  and a paper athlete-he shot threes at 42% after All Star break and 32% for the year.AND played an invaluable part in beating the Bucks .A rookie starting in playoffs leaving some seething because of his success.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 03:12:14 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #799 on: July 13, 2018, 06:50:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The press does not like the Celtics outside of Boston.   They have something to dig at and they will.

« Reply #800 on: July 13, 2018, 07:39:56 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Wait, so is Hogg's version of events basically insinuating that Bob lied about Hogg "having" it?

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #801 on: July 13, 2018, 08:13:44 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
This isn’t news. Rob should use some of his newfound salary to dig up dirt on members of the Boston media, then post their secrets on Instagram.

#sweetsweetrevenge
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #802 on: July 13, 2018, 10:09:42 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
As long as he doesnt forget the score at the end of the game or get lost driving to the basket, I could care less what he loses. Is this really news worthy?

It is about as newsworthy of the dirt dug up on supreme court nominee—how dare he ring up credit card bills and then pay them—-the nerve of him!

Such exciting times to read news articles!

lol JR Smith

Robert Williams (Merged Threads)
« Reply #803 on: July 13, 2018, 10:19:42 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
This is an interview in Boston.com with Williams' High School Coach.  Says many positive things, not just about his abilities, but about his character. 

I feel that the press is all about finding the negative. Thought this would balance things out a bit.

Let's hope he gets on the court again soon.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2018/07/12/celtics-robert-williams-high-school-coach
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 12:29:45 PM by nickagneta »

Re: Robert Williams' Knee / Artery Condition In Both Legs
« Reply #804 on: July 13, 2018, 10:24:05 AM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
A passing thought I had: tendinitis causes pain, and the artery issue causes cramping and pain, among other issues. Could the “lack of motor” and conditioning issues be a simple case of pain management? And with better treatment, could Williams’ “motor” improve?

It seems obvious, but it’s easier to play hard all the time if you’re not constantly playing through pain.

Yes. Good thinking.

It's been difficult to get good information about this whole thing. As near as I can make out, we're talking about three separate issues:

1) He has PAES. I have NOT heard that this played a role in him being held out of the last few games. The artery is in the back of the knee joint. He has it in both knees.

2) He has some sort of knee tendinitis. I have NOT heard which tendons are involved - athletes, especially basketball players, usually get quadriceps tendinitis (i.e., in the front of the joint). I have also not heard whether this is in one knee or both.

3) In his first game, he had a left knee contusion of some kind, but I have NOT heard what tissues are injured, or even in what part of the knee the injury is.

Bottom line: we don't know the bottom line.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 11:42:46 AM by Hoopvortex »
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

Re: Positive Story About Robert Williams
« Reply #805 on: July 13, 2018, 10:32:57 AM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
This is an interview in Boston.com with Williams' High School Coach.  Says many positive things, not just about his abilities, but about his character. 

I feel that the press is all about finding the negative. Thought this would balance things out a bit.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2018/07/12/celtics-robert-williams-high-school-coach

Looks like he was an NBA scout for 24 years.  How the hell did a guy like that find his way to North Caddo, Louisiana?

Also, there's this little gem, about a community service project the team did:

“He got everybody up,” Meikle said. “We started at 8 o’ clock in the morning. … Robert made sure everybody got out of bed. He and his mom went around, and, if anybody didn’t have a ride to meet us at school, he made sure everybody got there. Some of the things that people do in high school get overlooked as they get older, but that kind of set the tone. He really has a great heart.”
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #806 on: July 13, 2018, 11:16:47 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Thanks for posting this!

The way the kid has been covered has really made me despise the Boston sports media. Can't believe how awful they are..

« Reply #807 on: July 13, 2018, 11:17:55 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Looks like he was an NBA scout for 24 years.  How the hell did a guy like that find his way to North Caddo, Louisiana?

“He got everybody up,” Meikle said. “We started at 8 o’ clock in the morning. … Robert made sure everybody got out of bed. He and his mom went around, and, if anybody didn’t have a ride to meet us at school, he made sure everybody got there. Some of the things that people do in high school get overlooked as they get older, but that kind of set the tone. He really has a great heart.”

I'm sorry that can't be right.  The above posts clash with what I learned on Celtics Blog.  I learned here that he is "lazy and shiftless".  So, I'm sorry, but these sweet stories are just not cutting the mustard.

« Reply #808 on: July 13, 2018, 11:21:59 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
It's nice to see somebody FINALLY come out and say some good things about this young man.  The lack of positive references has been very troubling to me considering even the biggest clowns who get drafted to the NBA typically have people coming out of the woodwork to vouch for their character and work ethic.

« Reply #809 on: July 13, 2018, 11:49:20 AM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER

I'm sorry that can't be right.  The above posts clash with what I learned on Celtics Blog.  I learned here that he is "lazy and shiftless".  So, I'm sorry, but these sweet stories are just not cutting the mustard.

That's right!  Get out the pitchforks! Mary Shelley's Frankenstein does not end well!  We can't let this 19-year-old kid, get away with losing his wallet or oversleeping! 
And who cuts mustard anyway?
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-