Author Topic: Celtics should target for Draymond Green  (Read 4306 times)

Re: Celtics should target for Draymond Green
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2019, 06:36:45 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
If we are talking ridiculously unlikely trade targets on the Warriors, I would much rather discuss Durant opting in to his last year and demanding a trade to Boston.

It's just as ridiculously unlikely, it's for a much better player, and it's for a player that is much less a dink as Green.
That is way more unlikely as the Warriors might actually move Green. 

As I said when this thread was first posted, it depends a great deal on what the trade is.  I'd absolutely do Smart, Yabu, Semi, and a Boston 1st or maybe even two for Green.  Even if it is just a year, I think that would be a worthwhile gamble, though I'd want it to be a long term kind of thing.  I mean a starting 5 of Horford, Green, Tatum, Hayward, Irving with Brown, Baynes, and let's say Morris is a pretty darn good team (not to mention all of the draft picks the team still has). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2019, 08:14:33 AM »

Offline maklin

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
we already have Marcus Smart to do the dirty work... who needs Draymouth Green?

no doubt GS will move him to be able to retain KD and/or at least Klay. After that, he'll be a poor mans Ron Artest... but averaging a triple double in turnovers, undeservingly not getting T'ed up, and ugly 3pt-attempts.

I'd rather un-retire Nick Collison. :D

It's not that I don't like the guy... it's just...
yeah - I don't like the guy.
Disappointment is anger for wimps.

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2019, 08:24:20 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Dray is great, but I'm afraid that he will start to age in dog years soon.
When that happens, he won't look pretty.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2019, 09:36:35 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If we are talking ridiculously unlikely trade targets on the Warriors, I would much rather discuss Durant opting in to his last year and demanding a trade to Boston.

It's just as ridiculously unlikely, it's for a much better player, and it's for a player that is much less a dink as Green.
That is way more unlikely as the Warriors might actually move Green. 

As I said when this thread was first posted, it depends a great deal on what the trade is.  I'd absolutely do Smart, Yabu, Semi, and a Boston 1st or maybe even two for Green.  Even if it is just a year, I think that would be a worthwhile gamble, though I'd want it to be a long term kind of thing.  I mean a starting 5 of Horford, Green, Tatum, Hayward, Irving with Brown, Baynes, and let's say Morris is a pretty darn good team (not to mention all of the draft picks the team still has).
Oh, it's more unlikely that Durant gets traded than Green, but the trade is still just as unlikely because I think Ainge would have interest in Durant and have absolutely no interest in Green.

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2019, 09:39:54 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
He would hold together this group. He would be the teams point forward and take away that responsibility from Irving

This offseason I would trade for Green .... even over Davis.  Green is exactly what this team needs