Author Topic: Give me Davis and Beal please  (Read 5040 times)

Re: Give me Davis and Beal please
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2019, 10:09:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Just amazes me how easily people have dismissed Jayson Tatum future superstar potential because of his struggles this season. He's a 20-year old kid who has been blindsided with all kinds of conflict, drama and chemistry issues not of his making. I believe most of his troubles this year have been due to mental and emotional factors, not physical or talent related. He has been genuinely confused about how he is supposed to play. Having said that, I do think that working with Kobe Bryant this summer has not been a good thing for Tatum.

I don't mean to dismiss his potential. He still has star potential. But I now think his ceiling is more likely Paul Pierce than Kevin Durant. And while I love Pierce and would love to see Tatum become a 10-time all star in Boston, that chance to trade Paul Pierce for Tim Duncan shouldn't be passed up.

I'd rather trade Hayward than Smart or Brown, honestly. Hopefully he has a really good playoff run and gets on some radars as an asset again.

Tatum, Hayward, Mem pick, Sac pick, Clip pick for Davis and E'Twaun Moore. Is there any team that's going to actually beat that offer?
I would absolutely much rather trade Smart than Hayward, and if he returns to Utah form (which is what he seems to be trending towards) then I'd probably rather move Brown too

I don't see Hayward trending anywhere. He's still pretty up and down. And if the team has Irving and Davis, I like what Smart brings to the table on a contract 1/3 the size.
Agree to disagree then. He's pretty obviously improved month by month, so unsure how you can dismiss that, but go ahead. Your point isn't really credited by you grossly misrepresenting the contract sizes of Smart and Hayward either

1. Next season Smart makes $12.0 mil and Hayward makes $32.7 mil. Smart's contract is 37% of Hayward's. Calling that 1/3 isn't exact but it is by no means a gross misrepresentation.

2. Hayward is definitely better now than he was at the start of the season and his FG% has been steadily increasing but the rest of his numbers have been pretty stagnant all year and he still has some pretty awful stinkers.
We're still due to pay Smart ~$39m, while we're still due to pay Hayward ~$67m. Who knows what happens after that, but Smart is signed for longer-term and has been more prone to injury over his career than Hayward.

Smart's salary next season is close to 1/3. His contract is not close to 1/3 at all.

One of the numbers that hasn't been stagnant is his minutes. He gets less now than he did at the start of the season, yet he still puts up the same / better numbers on much better efficiency. Plus, when one of Kyrie or Rozier isn't playing he steps up big time. When Mook and Rozier are gone I expect him to kick it up, if Brad allows him.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2019, 03:52:40 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
three way deal:

Hayward, Tatum, Sacramento Pick, LAC Pick to NOP

Moore, Williams 3, Yabusele, Memphis Pick, Boston pick to Washington

Beal and Davis to Boston

Irving
Beal
Brown
Horford
Davis

6th man - Smart

Now this will be once Beal demands out (looking at around end of season?? lol)

yes laughable, and who's moore?

He's talking about 3 way trade where E'Twaun Moore get sent over to NOP.

OP, this isn't NBA 2K19.

WAS could get a lot more for Beal than what you're offering..

Well it would have to start with Beal wanting out.

But Williams and a top 10 pick and a top 20 pick and salary savings isnt a bad deal imo

It's not if you're Boston.....

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2019, 04:47:45 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Just amazes me how easily people have dismissed Jayson Tatum future superstar potential because of his struggles this season. He's a 20-year old kid who has been blindsided with all kinds of conflict, drama and chemistry issues not of his making. I believe most of his troubles this year have been due to mental and emotional factors, not physical or talent related. He has been genuinely confused about how he is supposed to play. Having said that, I do think that working with Kobe Bryant this summer has not been a good thing for Tatum.

I don't mean to dismiss his potential. He still has star potential. But I now think his ceiling is more likely Paul Pierce than Kevin Durant. And while I love Pierce and would love to see Tatum become a 10-time all star in Boston, that chance to trade Paul Pierce for Tim Duncan shouldn't be passed up.

I'd rather trade Hayward than Smart or Brown, honestly. Hopefully he has a really good playoff run and gets on some radars as an asset again.

Tatum, Hayward, Mem pick, Sac pick, Clip pick for Davis and E'Twaun Moore. Is there any team that's going to actually beat that offer?
I would absolutely much rather trade Smart than Hayward, and if he returns to Utah form (which is what he seems to be trending towards) then I'd probably rather move Brown too

I don't see Hayward trending anywhere. He's still pretty up and down. And if the team has Irving and Davis, I like what Smart brings to the table on a contract 1/3 the size.
Agree to disagree then. He's pretty obviously improved month by month, so unsure how you can dismiss that, but go ahead. Your point isn't really credited by you grossly misrepresenting the contract sizes of Smart and Hayward either

1. Next season Smart makes $12.0 mil and Hayward makes $32.7 mil. Smart's contract is 37% of Hayward's. Calling that 1/3 isn't exact but it is by no means a gross misrepresentation.

2. Hayward is definitely better now than he was at the start of the season and his FG% has been steadily increasing but the rest of his numbers have been pretty stagnant all year and he still has some pretty awful stinkers.
We're still due to pay Smart ~$39m, while we're still due to pay Hayward ~$67m. Who knows what happens after that, but Smart is signed for longer-term and has been more prone to injury over his career than Hayward.

Smart's salary next season is close to 1/3. His contract is not close to 1/3 at all.

One of the numbers that hasn't been stagnant is his minutes. He gets less now than he did at the start of the season, yet he still puts up the same / better numbers on much better efficiency. Plus, when one of Kyrie or Rozier isn't playing he steps up big time. When Mook and Rozier are gone I expect him to kick it up, if Brad allows him.

You do understand that if Hayward is to remain with the team after this contract is up, he will have to be given another contract where he will have to continue be paid money, yes? Or are you suggesting Hayward won't be asked back, in which case what are you even arguing?

As for the numbers, I submit that the fact that Hayward's minutes are decreasing is not a sign of improvement from him.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008