Author Topic: Shams: Porzingis to Boston?  (Read 58788 times)

Re: We are in on Porzingis?
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2023, 03:18:13 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2955
  • On To Banner 18!
I'll say this, I'd MUCH rather have Porzingis than Ayton. Ayton is a loser who hasn't improved much and has a bad attitude. There's a reason a lot of his teammates/coaches don't like him either, and why the Suns constantly try to trade him away.

Porzingis feels like a better fit, adds scoring to the frontcourt and gives Horford/Timelord additional insurance. Yes there's injury risk but tbh even with Brogdon there was as well, and Brogdon is already 31 years old.

Porzingis also would help against Miami's zone since he has a post-game unlike Timelord and even Horford at his age now.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Shams: Celtics Are Pursuing Porzingis (Interesting...)
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2023, 03:20:04 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Love it & can’t believe he’s only 27
Good pickup if he can stay healthy - which has always been a big if.

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2023, 03:21:05 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
So we keep Pritchard now if we get porzingas right?

I mean our guards would go from a strength to a weakness if you have him too.

Also he only wanted to be traded for opportunity. Now he has that.

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2023, 03:21:42 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo

To be fair brogdon has the same history. Last year was healthier he has been

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2023, 03:21:46 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

In today's NBA, there just aren't many guys you can say that about anymore. Even superstars like Lebron, Giannis, Curry, etc. get hurt too. Just can't predict it. Not too many "durable guys" or "iron men" out there in today's game. Plus the load management culture.

Obviously Porzingis has his injury history too, but so did Brogdon and that hurt us in the ECF.

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2023, 03:22:10 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2023, 03:23:13 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

In today's NBA, there just aren't many guys you can say that about anymore. Even superstars like Lebron, Giannis, Curry, etc. get hurt too. Just can't predict it. Not too many "durable guys" or "iron men" out there in today's game. Plus the load management culture.

Obviously Porzingis has his injury history too, but so did Brogdon and that hurt us in the ECF.
The only thing is guys his size who move like he does don't seem to have long careers. That said, the C's window is now.

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2023, 03:23:23 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
So we keep Pritchard now if we get porzingas right?

I mean our guards would go from a strength to a weakness if you have him too.

Also he only wanted to be traded for opportunity. Now he has that.

Smart
White
PP

The glut are guard has to be thinner

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2023, 03:24:51 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
This would be fantastic! 

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2023, 03:31:33 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Not to get ahead of ourselves but if we sign up for a Brogdon trade which is only natural because he's our most tradable contract, we're going to really need to replace him or actually play Pritchard.

We'll go from it being a strength to a paltry backcourt of just Smart and White, neither of which are very good at creating offense for themselves or others. That suddenly becomes a priority.

The good news is finding a bench scorer is probably an easier thing to do than a guy like Zinger.

The good news is that if we keep Pritchard he gets the playing time he's been asking for, and if we flip him backup point is one of the easier roles to fill with an NBA-quality player.

Let’s also not forget that JB is part of the backcourt in his most natural position. If we get Zinger we’re going back to the two big lineup in some fashion, which pushes JB back to guard primarily leaving a good four man rotation of Smart, White, JB, and PP with JD as a reserve, too.

Will be interesting to see what we do with Grant.

You're right but Jaylen Brown cannot create for himself let alone others. It's just a tough spec for him to be put in that role. Maybe it puts more pressure on Tatum to play a point forward role which I think he's much closer to doing than Jaylen.

Jaylen Brown absolutely can and does create for himself. Are we really going to act like he scored 27 ppg off from cuts and spot up threes?

And I love what Brogdon gave, but lets not act like he was orchestrating great offense or something. He scored a lot for himself, which is an important skill, but KP can also do SOME of that. You need options, doesn't have to be at guard.

I think if White is what he was last year Brogdon is far less vital. They got Brogdon because the year before White looked lost on offense in the playoffs.

Yeah, JB clearly excels at creating for himself; it’s creation for others that is nearly non-existent.

But I think Zinger should also help with some of the playmaking. He’s a fairly decent playmaking big himself.

Ehhh, not really. He's at about 3.0 assist per 36 minutes which is like 28th amongst centers in the NBA last year. About the same as AD, whom nobody really thinks of as a play maker for others.

He's mostly a play finisher. His value is in being Al Horford as a spacer while also being able to post up mismatches and create for himself. 

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2023, 03:32:25 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
I see people online say we have to give up someone else like Gallo or Pritchard to make this work. That right?

I was hoping Gallo and PP would be back.

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2023, 03:34:01 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I see people online say we have to give up someone else like Gallo or Pritchard to make this work. That right?

Yes, one of them would need to be included for salary.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2023, 03:34:58 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
That's an incredible acquisition if we can get it done. Aside from Prime Al Horford, Kristaps Porzingis would be the best big big that we've had since KG by a wide margin. Bringing in KP would be a massive floor and ceiling raiser for this roster. Unlike in Dallas we wouldn't be asking him to be the second star, but rather the complimentary scorer that can attack mismatches and provide a base level of post defense.

Absolutely massive if it gets done.

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2023, 03:36:35 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yes, one of them would need to be included for salary.

Brogdon + Muscala + Pritchard works, but with it being a 3-team trade there might be a different structure of players/picks

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2023, 03:39:44 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I suppose you could do a Grant sign and trade instead. Not sure if the Wizards have interest and also not sure the Cs bring back Grant if we are turning a $22M/yr player into a $36/yr player. That $14M difference is like the exact amount we expect Grant to get.