New England Patriots
8 (61.5%)
Boston Celtics
3 (23.1%)
Boston Bruins
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: December 19, 2019, 07:51:45 AM

Author Topic: Which Boston sports team is in the biggest trouble?  (Read 8402 times)

Which Boston sports team is in the biggest trouble?
« on: December 14, 2019, 07:51:45 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
All three major Boston sports teams have struggled lately, yet all three remain at or near the top of their respective conferences.  Which one do you think has the greatest concerns?  Please no, "you can't compare them" comments.  They are all real contenders this year based on their place in the standings.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 08:04:27 AM by Surferdad »

Re: Which Boston sports team is in the biggest trouble?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 08:15:41 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
C's due to the nature of the game. Top 10 players usually win championships we don't have one of those.

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 08:31:51 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Pats. The offense is broken this season, and going forward, Brady looks average.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 08:59:39 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
C's have a lot of the future to look forward to with young talent. The Pats are all in on winning with a 42 year old QB whose decline is really starting to kick in.

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 09:22:02 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
I would say the Pats because they have no apparent plan to replace Brady and they are very thin on offense.  However, I also think they have the best chance of the three teams to win a title this year

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 11:45:28 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
C's have a lot of the future to look forward to with young talent. The Pats are all in on winning with a 42 year old QB whose decline is really starting to kick in.

I guess my question would be when is the future going to become the present because we've been hearing that for a long time.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 11:49:04 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Surprised it's not on the list because I actually think it could be the Red Sox.

The Celts at the very least, have a good core to work with.

The Pats, despite their offensive woes and likely coming up short this year, will reload in the offseason (with or without Brady.)

Admittedly, I don't follow the Bruins at all (don't like hockey), but it SEEMS like they're doing well, have made it to the Stanley Cup finals 3 times in the last 8 years and are in first place.

The Red Sox are in trouble because they have a ton of money owed to 3 pitchers with injury concerns, their best player seeking a ridiculously large contract after free agency, no bullpen, no 2nd baseman and no CF if they trade Bradley.

Plus, the Yankees just seem to be getting better (see Gerrit Cole)

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2019, 12:02:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Red Sox

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2019, 05:23:00 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Surprised it's not on the list because I actually think it could be the Red Sox.

They were not on the list because it is off-season for the Sox; I was referring to the woes in the last 2-5 games for the active Boston teams.  It seemed like an interesting coincidence.     8)

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2019, 05:40:35 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

They were not on the list because it is off-season for the Sox; I was referring to the woes in the last 2-5 games for the active Boston teams.  It seemed like an interesting coincidence.     8)

Very interesting. Bruins have hit the skids after a fantastic start, Cs are falling in the standings, and the Pats offense is perhaps the worst it's been during the Brady era.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2019, 05:43:28 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Its actually the Red Sox. The Celtics, Patriots and Bruins are all very good and well above 500. Meanwhile the Red Sox missed the playoffs and now are looking to cut payroll for tax reasons

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2019, 06:12:09 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I definitely pick the Pats then. And their little stunt now with the Bengals isn’t going to help matters.

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2019, 09:37:44 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I guess my question would be when is the future going to become the present because we've been hearing that for a long time.

We drafted Jaylen 3 and a half years ago, and Tatum 2 and a half years ago. I don't know how that qualifies as "a long time"

Even if you go back to the KG/Pierce trade as the start of the rebuild, it's only been 6 and a half years, and considering that we've made the ECF twice since then, we're looking pretty [dang] good.

We're still way ahead if the game when it comes to rebuilding after breaking up an aging core that you went all in on (which, coincidentally, could be the case for the Patriots soon, at least as far as skill positions go)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2019, 09:38:45 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2019, 09:49:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Sox.

Nothing is a bigger impediment than a cheap owner.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain