Author Topic: Robert Horry?  (Read 2249 times)

Robert Horry?
« on: November 14, 2008, 09:17:40 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I was thinking of free agents who could help our team, and did a search for Robert Horry.  Surprisingly, I found this:

Robert Horry: Does "Big Shot Bob" have one more big shot left in him? If so, Boston Celtics point guard Sam Cassell – who played and won a ring with Horry in Houston - is making a ploy of sorts to see his next shot go down for Boston. When asked if Horry could be wearing green, Cassell recently said "it's a possibility" and that the veteran point guard has "mentioned it to him". Maybe if Cassell keeps mentioning it, Horry might take Boston up on the offer before too long.

Where Could He Land: Boston

Link.

What do you think?  Would he make sense for our bench?  He's got a ton of experience, he's got a great outside shot, and he's a decent rebounder.  Could he play a hybrid Posey/P.J. role down the stretch?

(Of course, he also once threw a towel in Danny's face, so maybe not.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Robert Horry?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 09:27:09 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Horry from two years ago when the Spurs won the title would be a massive help.

Horry from last season would be a train wreck .... unfortunately last year is the more likely picture of what Horry could do this season. He wasn't an NBA caliber player last season. The problems looked like old age, and miles on the legs, stuff that's unlikely to change.

No, I don't think he makes sense for the Celtics or anyone else in the NBA. Retirement.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 09:40:04 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Horry from last season would be a train wreck .... unfortunately last year is the more likely picture of what Horry could do this season. He wasn't an NBA caliber player last season. The problems looked like old age, and miles on the legs, stuff that's unlikely to change.

No, I don't think he makes sense for the Celtics or anyone else in the NBA. Retirement.

Yeah, probably so.  I looked at his numbers, and they were pretty terrible.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 09:45:46 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Don't really think Horry gives us anything to be honest.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 09:54:56 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Don't want him.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 10:07:08 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

But maybe someone to keep in mind if no big changes happen by February.  You figure that if Horry is keeping himself in shape, but not tiring himself by playing games, he might be a decent pick up in February.  I would prefer PJ Brown, but if he is not available, Horry I could see the logic of Horry.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 12:10:34 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Horry is pretty close to the kind of player we need.....somebody who can make shots and basically be a pain in the ass to the opposing team off the bench...

but i also agree that he is probably a couple of years past that guy right now....

i hate to keep hitting the same point, but i really think we need a backup SF that can knock down some shots and play decent defense....

i'm just not sure who that guy is right now. anybody with a big contract that might push to get bought out a la Sam Cassell from last season?

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 12:35:12 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
can someone please tell me how marco jaric still has two more years after this one at 7 mil per?

he actually would be perfect IMO to rotate with TA, but contract is just silly...

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 02:06:59 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
As others have said, he would be a terrific fit if he wasn't so washed up.

Jaric is too slow-footed at this point of his career, not exactly an outstanding outside shooter and he struggles to guard forwards, winsomme, I doubt he'd be the solution, even if it wasn't for the silly contract.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 02:13:44 AM by cordobes »