Author Topic: Thanks alot Doc for taking Ray out in the 2nd!!  (Read 4336 times)

Thanks alot Doc for taking Ray out in the 2nd!!
« on: November 14, 2008, 10:39:07 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
When Ray is on fire like that, you gotta let him go a little extra. He sat him too early and he cooled off. I would have had him playing at least the first 4 minutes of the second quater cause he couldnt miss. Doc is too slow to make adjustments.

Re: Thanks alot Doc for taking Ray out in the 2nd!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 10:40:42 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Yeah, Ray should have stayed in the game that was a poor judgement call from Doc. But whatever, that's not the reason we lost the game. We lost because we took things for granted and the Thuggets wanted it more. Simple as that.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 10:42:14 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
we need a backup pg
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 10:45:57 PM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
No way this one is on Doc or the back-up pg House. There was no fire, defense, or discipline in this game. That is on the players. Our bench was terribly exposed, as well. It is only one game, but this was bad.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 10:52:41 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
Ray scored 18 points in the first quater. Thats a pace for 72 points in that game. I am not saying he was gonna score seventy two.  You gotta let him play and you gotta get him the ball. Once he cooled our offense was terrible. Doc should have been calling plays for Ray the rest of the game after that start.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 10:54:22 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
so your point is doc should have played ray allen every minute of the first half, and then all of the second.

seems reasonable.  ::)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 10:55:54 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Ray played 15+ straight minutes to start the game. I think he was there long enough.

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 10:56:52 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
No more four man bench lineups, please.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 10:57:20 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
Ray played 15+ straight minutes to start the game. I think he was there long enough.
Ah no he didn't, there are only 12 minute quaters and he went out to start the 2nd quater.

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 10:57:42 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
we need a backup pg

We do.  His name is Gabe Pruitt and he played for about 45 seconds tonight.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 10:58:06 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
we need a backup pg

we have a potential one named gabe puritt, but he doesn't get to play, so im not sure if he's part of the solution.   :-\
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 10:58:31 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Clearly you weren't watching the game then. Pierce left the game to start the 2nd, not Ray. Ray left at the 9:30 or so mark.

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 10:59:24 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Ah no he didn't, there are only 12 minute quaters and he went out to start the 2nd quater.

ray allen- 42 minutes. and as bud (tp) said, he didn't leave at the start of the second.

So your plan was to in fact play him 48 minutes. again, not real reasonable.

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 11:05:51 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
Well he didnt get the ball. Whats your point?? He scored 18 points in the first quater and how many shot attempts in the 2nd before he went out??  They went away from him and the offense sputtered until House went off in the third. If someones hot like that you like to get him some touches insteand we get Powe going vs Martin in the post and Baby shooting 15 foot jumpers.

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 11:06:58 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Well he didnt get the ball. Whats your point?? He scored 18 points in the first quater and how many shot attempts in the 2nd before he went out??  They went away from him and the offense sputtered until House went off in the third. If someones hot like that you like to get him some touches insteand we get Powe going vs Martin in the post and Baby shooting 15 foot jumpers.

and its doc's fault ray didn't shoot? he had plenty of contested looks he passed on, if you wanted him to shoot those.