Author Topic: UEFA Champions League 2010  (Read 31067 times)

Re: UEFA Champions League 2010
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2010, 05:11:07 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
BTW no english team in the last four. Seems strange :D
No great English teams this season. They are all second rate sides and I say that as Chelsea fan, who are currently top of the league.
After Barca, who's clearly the best team in the world, you have bunch of teams on a pretty same level.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2010, 05:45:07 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
The CL trophy is now Barca's to lose. Nothing more, nothing less.

don't count bayern out so fast.  it would be an awsome final, messi and ribery.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2010, 11:24:53 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes

Inter - Barca tonight.

Hope the 14 hours trip by bus wouldn't effect Barca's players too much. Inter haven't won champions league since the 60's, and as Milan fan, I really don't want them to win this cup anytime soon.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2010, 12:02:02 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Inter - Barca tonight.

Hope the 14 hours trip by bus wouldn't effect Barca's players too much. Inter haven't won champions league since the 60's, and as Milan fan, I really don't want them to win this cup anytime soon.
Oh, great game. Thanks for the reminder. I had completely forgotten that the Champions League was on today.

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2010, 04:05:09 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Inter are up 3-1 ... loving this.

Wow, Ibrahimovic just came off for Abidal. Surprising defensive substitute. Barcelona have been poor at the back tonight but it's unusual to see them take off a striker for a defender when they are losing. Limit the damage, I suppose.

« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2010, 04:08:30 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes
Inter are up 3-1 ... loving this.

Wow, Ibrahimovic just came off for Abidal. Surprising defensive substitute. Barcelona have been poor at the back tonight but it's unusual to see them take off a striker for a defender when they are losing. Limit the damage, I suppose.
That's because Ibra just came back after injury and isn't ready yet to play 90 minutes.
The Immortals:

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2010, 04:14:25 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
barcelona looks lost today... I don`t know if the long road trip has something to do with it.

I honestly didn`t believe that Inter can play like this! Perfect game by every player.

« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2010, 04:38:26 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Terrific result for Inter Milan. Everyone played well for them but I thought their central midfielders did a truly exceptional for them closing down the ball and making it difficult for Barcelona to get into good positions in the final third.

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2010, 03:27:51 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Roben carries Bayern to the final.
Schneider has made a huge impact in Inter.

and in Madrid still can`t understand why they failed this season ......

« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2010, 08:59:27 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Bayern Munich really dominated that second half. It was impressive to see them keep possession for so long. Didn't create a lot of chances though.

I'm a big fan of Tymoschuk. He is one heck of a defensive midfielder. I'm surprised he doesn't have a larger role for Bayern. He should move to another club where his talents are more appreciated.

Bad performance from Lyon. Their front-men were anonymous all game long. They didn't give a good account of themselves.

« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2010, 09:44:54 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
I agree about Tymoschuk. I like him very much but i heard that he and Van Gaal don`t get along very well. Too bad for the player and Bayern.

Both games next week will very interesting.

« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2010, 03:14:00 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Bayern are rolling ... Lyon need three goals now to win this tie and they have been thoroughly outplayed so far.

« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2010, 05:43:06 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes
Congrats to Bayern for making the final after 9 years. And to think that in the beginning of the season Van Gaal almost got fired because of the poor start.
The Immortals:

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2010, 02:27:26 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
The away game against juventus was their turning point. Congrats to bayern. They dominated in both games. I can`t be just luck to qualify to the final.

The goal ruined the game though...

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2010, 01:31:37 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes
Remember the Ribery red card in the first game vs Lyon? So now UEFA extanded the ban from one game to three, and he will miss the final. So stupid. It wasn't intentional and totally doesn't deserve 3 games out. UEFA's disciplinary committee dropped the ball this time.

Anyway, tonight Barca - Inter.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 03:00:05 PM by misha »
The Immortals: